“She gave me water...... I wanted Carlsberg!”

Went into Durham Cathedral and got my camera out. Sour faced lady came up and said, “No photos!”. Two minutes after a guy came up and offered to SELL me some. Apparently he was the cathedral’s “official” photographer!

• Like 1
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,      Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts an

Did his face ring a bell?

Equally entitled to make his mark as a social comment but not to deface the work of another. That's the difference between art and vandalism. The yob/yobess who defaced the picture is not entitled to

Same here Afforgorritt, , No Photo's" shame really, Peterborough cathedral let you take pictures for about three quid I think, Eley and Litchfield is free,got some lovely pictures of the inside of all three

Durham_009.jpg

Durham Cathedral

Rog

• Like 1

Likewise Norwich cathedral Rog. Couldn't do enough for us last year. Will visit again in a couple of weeks. Bus pass trip from Wroxham,  leave the car where it is. Might even pass Margie's gaff and lob a brick frew da winda !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One for Affergorritt and to sort of get this back on thread, proper graffiti on the ceiling of Peterborough cathedral

Peterborough_014.jpg

Rog

I posted a similar picture on Cheer me up thread. Done by the deacon of English Martyrs church, Hove. They didn't mind you taking photographs. They even supplied free tea and biscuits !, (Thurs afternoons). B.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Likewise Norwich cathedral Rog. Couldn't do enough for us last year. Will visit again in a couple of weeks. Bus pass trip from Wroxham,  leave the car where it is. Might even pass Margie's gaff and lob a brick frew da winda !!!

It would have to be a big throw, as we are are about 50 miles (as the brick flies) SW of Norwich!  

• Like 1

Margie, I could do it on my way on the 27th. Nip up from the A11.thumbsup

You could always give me the coordinates !

If you broke one of her windows she would probably give you a clout in the "coordinates"

Rog

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Margie, I could do it on my way on the 27th. Nip up from the A11.thumbsup

You could always give me the coordinates !

Where the  northbound A11 merges with the A14 at junction 36 would be  your nearest point, but even this is around 12 miles away as the brick flies!

Why are you into brick throwing anyway?   I thought you were a nice bloke!...

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, plantfit said:

If you broke one of her windows she would probably give you a clout in the "coordinates

If you use two bricks Margie be careful where you place your thumbs

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Why are you into brick throwing anyway?

He's from Nottingham!!!

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, philmayfield said:

He leapt out at me from behind his hedge and said ' you're not a Christian, you're a sxxt! That's true Christianity for you!

I haev no time for such reigious wierdos, Phil. They preach one thing and practice another.

• Like 1

I agree, Compo... people should practise what they preach, as far as they are able.  Sadly, we all fall short of our own ideals sometimes, let alone God's!    But when we do fail, I hope we can recognise this, and not just forget it or cover it up.   Many mistakes can start to be put right with an honest apology, unless the person you have wronged has died, then you are left with some uncomfortable guilt...

..... but a so called Christian behaving in the manner that Phil describes is definitely not good!  Sounds like he was experiencing a Tourette's outburst!

Margie, I've seen the error of my ways and promise NOT to frow a brick frew your winda. Reformed character. :mouse:

• Like 2

There's one thing for sure LL., I wouldn't be able to reach your winda, even if I stood on board ship !!

( Are you having lunch about now ?).

• Like 1

We are five hours behind you BK.  Just finished lunch.  2:15 pm.  Lounging around reading NS.  Dogs sleeping.  We've just missed some dodgy weather.  possible tornado's were forecast.  According to the weather map it's now past us.  Just a bit of rain and wind.  I'm ok with that.

• Upvote 2