Buses in Mexico...

I have more Mexican posts.. I was saving them for a quiet moment of contemplation.. but we all have our price.... :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgians are normal people taking an interest in what other Nottstalgians are doing. They wish each other happy birthday and enquirer after families . It's called friendship.

I'm from Nottingham.  Dave is from Nottingham. I live in England.. He lives in the US..  You don't have to read this.  Your point?

It's in the "OWT about Nowt"  and the topic is "Buses in Mexico" nobody said it was anything to do with Nottingham,they are very interesting posts from an owd Notts lad,answered by owd and not so owd

Nice 'post' too ! smile2

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, sue B 48 said:

I hope all the post about post are Nottingham post.

Dunno, we'll keep you posted...;)

• Like 1

Please don't start posting lollypop sticks. It could get a bit sticky         or     cool. As you like it.

This is starting to be fun again. Anyway I'm glad I don't have to catch a bus, horrible smelly things.They only go to one place, turn round and go back where they came from.

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

This poor sod's kneeling on a post 

Raises an interesting point. when is a stump big enough to be a post?

52 minutes ago, plantfit said:

The one I put on is a Lincoln post Sue

Rog

Coulda' bin worse, coulda bin Washington post.

17 hours ago, plantfit said:

It's in the "OWT about Nowt"  and the topic is "Buses in Mexico" nobody said it was anything to do with Nottingham,they are very interesting posts from an owd Notts lad,answered by owd and not so owd Notts folk, hope this has explained it for you

Rog

Apologies I didn't realise that it was Owt About Nowt..after over an hour of looking at this site  finding nothing of interest, to be greeted by Mexican Buses  was underwhelming I will refrain from using the all activity feature in future.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Brew said:

As I said HSR - your post:

I Got a Line On You... Spirit

What has that to do with Nottingham?  

Glass houses...

Thanks for showing an interest Brew..picked up this album at Selectadisc.. Bought new 1.32p..it's regarded as being original, but a second pressing. I had the opportunity to buy the original American copy..due to limited funds I passed..other titles took preference.

Glass Houses..Billy Joel

• Like 1

I think all those foreign buses are weird as the steering wheel & doors are on the wrong side, unless you're in Malta, Ireland, Oz or Kiwi land.... I quite liked the sound of the Greyhound buses with their V10 2 stroke engines. (I asked the driver about the engine)  I traveled from Orlando to Miami on one & sat on the back seat all the way, it was a lot cheaper than the plane. I wonder what sort of engine Mexican buses have?..

Riding the Greyhound is a unique experience,  I did it one time 5000 mile round trip between Edmonton and Atlanta.  You meet a lot of 'interesting' people.  Changed buses some ten times in various places including Chicago.  It was an experience but once was enough.  Incidentally I did it because the planes were grounded after 911.  Took four days and nights.  Just two planes and six hours to fly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, colly0410 said:

I think all those foreign buses are weird as the steering wheel & doors are on the wrong side, unless you're in Malta, Ireland, Oz or Kiwi land.

Or Japan, India, Cyprus south Africa...   ;)

I have been to Mexico twice, but not for many years. Most buses in rural areas seemed to be ex-US school buses at the time.

I got on a bus one evening with friends. We worried, as he took our fares, that the driver seemed very young - maybe early teens at the most. We sat down and noticed that locals getting on the bus didn't seem even slightly perturbed.

Eventually it came to departure time. The lad got out of the driver's seat and the real driver, a mature man, got on the bus and took his place.

Phew!

• Like 2

Never been but, I was once told that most of the buses on Malta were ex London transport. Is that true or was somebody pulling my gearlever.