33718760168_0e40b627b9_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgians are normal people taking an interest in what other Nottstalgians are doing. They wish each other happy birthday and enquirer after families . It's called friendship.

I'm from Nottingham.  Dave is from Nottingham. I live in England.. He lives in the US..  You don't have to read this.  Your point?

It's in the "OWT about Nowt"  and the topic is "Buses in Mexico" nobody said it was anything to do with Nottingham,they are very interesting posts from an owd Notts lad,answered by owd and not so owd

Evening Loppy,

I was delighted that our flight to Me-Hi-Co took the route over the Eastern US.  We started with some sea ice somewhere over Newfoundland or thereabouts.. At first I thought it was clouds.. then reralised it was ice 'shedding' from the main mass.

40629652123_2539ae5ab7_c.jpg

• Like 6

Then later, I was intrigued by these shapes on the ground.  Not sure it it was NC, or Ga, but it was North of Florida.  Irrigated fields?  Some sort of water treatment?  Any ideas Loppy?

47542687602_0031722302_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Tijuana taxis eh?   ;).

Buses in Cancun are a hoot.  They are all a fixed price of 12 Pesos for any journey, thoough I noticed a few 'locals' getting on and off without apparently paying at all. No worries.. most of them earn pennies for a day's work.  Buses keep trying to overtake each other to get the fares.

• Like 3

Not many ideas, Col.  Except I'm wondering if you might have been looking down at some type of tank farm. Hard to tell the depth of those?  Could be water, oil or some other stuff.  Not my backyard anyway.

There seemed to be lots of them Dave.  My money is on some sort of field system, but i really don't know.  I'm more impressed that I think I can say I've been in the US. even if it was at 40000 feet. :laugh: 

• Like 1

Interesting philosophical question Dave.  As the old pilots say.. 'Take off is optional.... landing isn't'.

I don't fly often enough for it to be 'commonplace' and although I know it is statistically very safe.. it's also bizarre.  It struck me more on the way home, when we barely touched land at all after we left Cancun.  Sitting in a plane at 40000 feet, 2000 miles from land, in the dark, at night, with only two engines and a pair of wings keeping you up there.. is a weird notion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm from Nottingham.  Dave is from Nottingham. I live in England.. He lives in the US..  You don't have to read this.  Your point?

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Already stated my point..no reference to Nottingham or Nostalgia. Without addressing this criteria.. why post? I'm relatively new here and understand that things go off at tangents and friendships are formed but I would imagine that non Nottingham related posts are discouraging to new or potential members.

2 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Then later, I was intrigued by these shapes on the ground.  Not sure it it was NC, or Ga, but it was North of Florida.  Irrigated fields?

DJ360 I think you will find that they are irrigated areas of fields using what is called  a centre pivot irrigator which forms a circle, they are widely used here in OZ too and because of their size can only really be seen from up above. Here are some standing out in the iron ore region of the Pilbara in WA

Photo ABC 

Image result for centre pivot irrigation south australia

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Nottstalgians are normal people taking an interest in what other Nottstalgians are doing. They wish each other happy birthday and enquirer after families . It's called friendship.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3

It's in the "OWT about Nowt"  and the topic is "Buses in Mexico" nobody said it was anything to do with Nottingham,they are very interesting posts from an owd Notts lad,answered by owd and not so owd Notts folk, hope this has explained it for you

Rog

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Put me in the " nots so old category " PF even though at 76 , when I was young it WAS old.;)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Yo tell 'em Nonna ! B.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, HSR said:

Already stated my point..no reference to Nottingham or Nostalgia. Without addressing this criteria.. why post? I'm relatively new here and understand that things go off at tangents and friendships are formed but I would imagine that non Nottingham related posts are discouraging to new or potential members.

4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

It's in the "OWT about Nowt"  and the topic is "Buses in Mexico" nobody said it was anything to do with Nottingham,they are very interesting posts from an owd Notts lad,answered by owd and not so owd Notts folk, hope this has explained it for you

Taking the subject to its logical conclusion, you would have to exclude half the posts on the site.

All the word games, all the music threads, black holes, jokes, etc etc.   

The other problem is going too far the other way.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Any road, Bienvenida a Englaterra DJ. El tiempo Es muy frio aqui.

I think we had one of those until our kid pulled the wheels of and broke it!:Fool:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
9 hours ago, HSR said:

What does this have to do with Nottingham? or Nostalgia?

What does your comment have to do with Nottingham? Where is the nostalgic component? You my be hoist with your own Petard here.

• Like 2

As I said HSR - your post:

I Got a Line On You... Spirit

What has that to do with Nottingham?  

Glass houses...