IAN123.

Faith In The Lord.

Easter is just around the corner, a very important time - for our family in particular as nowadays it's the only time we get to pray as a whole family.

Looking forward to this ...for me the feast means rebirth and relish mass, hymns and the kids.images-4.jpg

• Like 1

Ian, I also think that Easter is the most important festival of the year, as it reminds us that through Jesus' death and resurrection, we can be be forgiven for all the wrong things we've done (or the good things we've failed to do!).  It also means we can be in a right relationship with God, live for him in this life, and be with him even after our life on earth ends.  Now that is good news and even better than getting a choccy egg!!

I hope some of you will read this before it gets reported .......but I'll understand if the post is removed.   I promise I won't get stroppy about it, but sometimes I just have to say what I believe, and Who I believe in xx

• Like 8

No reason for your post to be removed at all Margie, you believe what you believe me duck and no one can take that away from you

Rog

• Like 7

Well said MargieH  this post should stay and remind us all what Easter is about.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Very well put Margie.. i recently found some old School papers from 1975 and the teachings of a Monk from Mount Saint Bernard Abbey.

He taught the class for a whole month and gave us a fantastic view of Easter..which i still remember to this day. He also drove me home to collect an LP of the Who:

The Seeker was one of his fave new religous songs.

( Egg with Smarties for me!)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I agree you have the right to post that Margie and good on yer for doing so but I don't believe so I'll go with the egg please.

Nor am I  so hypocritical as to pray and yet take the commandments as optional.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I was brought up a Catholic.....but then I learnt the error of my ways. I now have no Gods but I do enjoy an Easter Egg. 

smile2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Grew up with God fearing parents,,not Church-goers but 'believers' ,,,,then at school prayers and Hymns every morning in Assembly,,all left its affect on me..My mother was full of Biblical sayings which still resonate with me when ive been naughty........lol

My faith has been tested thru many set-backs in life,, but its still strong...and hopefully will see me through whatever comes my way.......

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I wholeheartedly respect people's right to choose whatever religious beliefs they like, but to expect forgiveness in the eyes of the Lord, when they've broken the law, and committed a crime against society, to me just reeks of downright hypocrisy. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

We were not raised in any faith although we were all christened into the Church Of England. Never felt the need to go to church, but would never criticise anyone for going, each to their own. I do object to having people knocking on my door and trying to engage me in pointless discussion about religious matters, I always tell them I am a Jedi, seems to work they beat a hasty retreat from the mad woman. So happy Easter to those who celebrate it and to the rest enjoy your Easter eggs. What will I be doing? Walking through the woods admiring the bluebells and then running around the meadow with my two boys with great contentment and happiness. I ask nothing more from life.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Easter is just around the corner, a very important time - for our family in particular as nowadays it's the only time we get to pray as a whole family.

Looking forward to this ...for me the feast means rebirth and relish mass, hymns and the kids.images-4.jpg

Oh really

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My BIL who has been Choir Leader for years..had a bad spell of ill health..and asked ME to help  at Easter...i picked this...

so far..the rehearsals have gone down well...thanks for advice Catfan.

• Like 1

Not heard that song before, but I like it very much...

I said to the science teacher "when jesus's heart stopped all his blood would flow to & collect in his legs, & when his heart fired up again after a few days it would be empty & would have to pull a vacuum to get blood up to his brain, how did it do it?" He laughed & never answered my question...

I would have asked the RE teacher but he was bad tempered & I was scared of him, He'd already shouted at me for asking if cats went to heaven, he said it was a stupid question...

Never mind religion. I've just won a ginger Tom teapot on eBay. Exactly like one of our cats! £4.20. It was £30 in an antique shop today. Wife's birthday present problem is now solved! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think that piece of music is French Margie ...or a French composer.. seemed to go down well. Looking forward to the mass.

So when you invite me to your house for tea, Phil, will I enjoy the tea from the ginger tom teapot?  I hope the spout is in the right place!!

Just a teabag in a mug here Margie, apart from me who drinks his Earl Gray from an elegant china cup. The teapot will go in the dresser together with all the other novelty teapots.

I like Earl Grey tea and I also prefer to drink from a china mug!   So the teapot isn't to use, then....it's just an ornament?    You still haven't told me where the spout is......

Getting back to religion we do have a 'sect' in the area called the Riverside Church. They're of the 'happy clappy' persuasion. I do know a few, not personal friends obviously, but they do come over as a bit odd. This seems to be one of the few expanding areas of Christianity.

5 minutes ago, MargieH said:

I like Earl Grey tea and I also prefer to drink from a china mug!   So the teapot isn't to use, then....it's just an ornament?    You still haven't told me where the spout is......

I think it's on the front otherwise the tea would run down your shirt.