Climate change protesters...

So climate change protesters are clogging up our roads, they want the UK to have zero CO2 emissions by 2025. How is this possible? We'd have no gas central heating, no petrol or diesel vehicles, only solar, nuclear & wind generated electricity. Cant ever see us being CO2 neutral by 2025 or many decade's after...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In New Scientist that the technology for any country to hit net zero CO2 doesn't exist. So just how is the UK expected to do it? I think their disruptive protests will just annoy the public & lose them any support they may have..... If they hold up traffic in this warm weather drivers will be sat there with their engines idling & air conditioning blasting away so increasing CO2 emissions...  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Nobody is going to persuade the general public of the merits of an argument by disrupting life. These protesters have no respect for the needs of people going to work or even emergency vehicles. They have also shown they have no respect for the courts by ignoring the injunctions taken out against them so that makes them lawbreakers. Fair enough , if that is the way they want to play give them the treatment they deserve and quickly. As RR says, it is time to crack a few skulls. The idiot who climbed on the train roof to protest soon got his come uppance from other passengers and if the police don't soon do something I can see those being held up take the matter into their own hands and giving a bit of instant justice.

• Like 1

What I would do, if I could, when these protesters glue themselves to motorway approaches, would be to an ambulance with a bulldozer front and shove the buggers out the way.

• Upvote 1

The idea of protest is to publicise the issue in question, gain the attention of the powers that be  and raise public consciousness. Antagonizing people is likely to be counter productive and give Johnson more proof that Draconian legislation is need to keep the great unwashed down and in their proper place.

Using or advocating violence is stupid.

• 8 months later...