Photos of Radford from 3 Decades

Why are there never any photos of Radford, around Denman St.? Around Thackeray St., Denton St., Boden St., did nobody have a camera years ago ? I took a pilgrimage a couple of years ago and my street is no longer there ! You can't even drive down Denman street. Local hostelry was the Denman inn, with Watt Simmons roller blinds next door. At least on Kyme St., the old leather works is still there. Can remember climbing high up when it had scaffolding up the side. B.

Very few show Garden Street, especially the Ilkeston Road end where my relatives lived. It's years since I was in that area and I didn't have time to wander that far on my recent Berridge trip but may do so later in the year.

Shouldn't bother Jill, there's not much left if anything now. Just looked on Mr. Googles map and  just a picture of demolition of the old Vyella works. No Bloomsgrove St. I remember on chip night, went either to the one that used to be at top of Ronald St., or walk down Denman St. just passed Bloomsgrove St., to Skills chippy, (they were tuppence cheaper !). They had a wet fish stall next door connected. Both were open fronted so you queued onto the pavement. My gran used to live off Norton St., (Henry St.). Not much to add really. Beekay.