I fully understood your wording Margie, don't worry. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of moggies from Bradford Found themselves teleported to Radford. "The rodents round here are far worse than the beer! And the cheese isn't fit for a cockroach! "   Assonance! 

Yes, thank the Lord!!

I think it was getting a little heated so it was deleted. (do you like the poetry?) 

That's the price you pay when your a Dimwit ! Sorry, a Sharp wit. It's so hard to be humble.:tease:

It's like a Dopey code Lizzie. Any road, I have to ask you when I don't understand. Maybe I turning into a Southern Jessie. :flyswat:

The silly thing is, there is no theme or topic on this thread. I just asked a simple question and ya'all kind folks put me right...I luv Nostalgians. Yours truly, Beekay.

Phew,,!! I'm not trying to decipher that lot.. but it is Iambic Pentameter.  One of few things I learned at skule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iambic_pentameter

It's one of them fings wot is simple once yer gerrit.

In that case DJ, I'll remain simple cos' I still ain't gorra clue yoof. It's quite lovely in the Twilight zone.  :tease:

Seeing as how there's no topic, as anyone else noticed what a load of crap is on TV ? Endless repeats.

Hi SG,  maybe we should all pass comments to each other on NS. At least it's more interesting. B.

I've got hundreds of films on DVD and vhs, but can never decide. End up watching home movies.

If you're looking for topics how about 'The Royals' - or dare we tread there for fear of banishment? I don't begrudge the modest amount of tax I pay to sustain them as I neither go to the cinema or the theatre these days and their antics supply me with a source of mild amusement. What is this 'protocol' nonsense? They seem to spend their time in deciding who takes precedence and to whom one bows and curtsies. It's a strange detached world in which they live. If you look at the medals on the high ranking service uniforms of the men you would think they had served in both world wars!

Now they're talking about deporting Harry and Meghan to Africa for a few years where their presence will be less of an embarrassment to the family. Where will they be sent though? It's difficult to find somewhere they won't be embroiled in corruption or rebellion, somewhere they won't get shot or, at the very worst, eaten. I follow the saga with interest.

The 'privatisation' of TV starting with BSkyB or whatever a couple of decades ago seems to me to have produced an intial burst of extra choice.  Longer term it does just seem to have led to endless repeats.  I believe it's also partly responsible for the BBC losing its way, especially where political and current affairs reporting is concerned.

I have Virgin. Not an expensive package.  They offered me a 'Film Package' free for a few months and it seemed OK, but it turns out to be the same couple of dozen films on rotate.

My daughter Switched to Now TV and subscribred to Netflix too.  Seems like a more sensible option.  I'm going to look into it when I can be bothered.

12 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

It's difficult to find somewhere they won't be embroiled in corruption or rebellion,

Could do a lot worse than Nottingham,peoples from all walks of life and from all over the world, they could even join in with a Nottstalgia meetup

Rog

Phil, I don't mind anybody bowing or curtseying to me. I can go magnanimous.

DJ,  Film 4 , Talking pictures among others all seem to put their films on a loop. See a film and two days later its on again. Have even seen the same film , same day on different channels and I don't mean +1 channels. Movies for men are all spaghetti westerns !

A couple of weeks ago my tv blew up, quite literally went out with a bang and puff of smoke. Had a ‘spare” upstairs but needed a stand for it so borrowed one (12” - bit like a postage stamp!) which only had BBC1, ITV etc on it. I don’t watch soaps or reality shows so there didn’t seem much else left so hardly had it on, reading or listening to podcasts instead. It was a relief to get my Sky up and running although I tend to record what I am interested in and watch it at my leisure. If a box set comes on that I am interested in (silent witness, waking the dead etc,) I will have an afternoon watching it, especially if the weather isn’t good. Summertime tv always seems to go downhill, most of the good series seem to be on during winter perhaps they think people are out more if we get a good summer.

16 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Bowing and curtseying. Is that when you're in full dress uniform on the promenade in Brighton exhibiting your medals? :biggrin:

AINT NO WAY, Hosay ! in a million years am I gonna bow down in Brighton !! Mind you, when I do wear all me medals I tend to stoop and it's interpreted as grovelling.

SG,  doesn't your 12" TV have digital or is it analogue? Mind you, your not missing owt !! B.