Harry Wheatcroft and Gedling

8 hours ago, MargieH said:

No idea what you look like, Rob,  but hope we'll come across one another!   Last time I went to the school was a reunion over 20 years ago.   I left there in 1960 when I was 17.   

Was great to meet you tonight, Margie. My wife needs to know your secret at looking so young!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have always wanted to come back to Gedling, and though I would be very happy in the Hardys Drive house, I would not want the shared courtyard, which our neighbours had to use via the entry to get to

Hello. New member here. Grew up in Gedling, lived at Hardys Drive (the rose grower, Harry Wheatcrofts family home). Also lived in Balloon Wood flats and also the 'gate house' on Llanberis Grove.

Col, my Dad was a rose grower too, taking cuttings from the local rose fields, worried that he’d get nicked for doing it.  Very law-abiding was my Dad.  We had clay soil ‘up Arnold’, it was rubbish fo

16 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

Was great to meet you tonight, Margie. My wife needs to know your secret at looking so young!

Margie has no vices Rob, a clean living girl :biggrin:  Unusual for a C-le-W girl actually ;)

14 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere but I value my chips.

'Lo Lizzie...  :P

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Margie has no vices Rob, a clean living girl :biggrin:  Unusual for a C-le-W girl actually ;)

From what I recall of my experience there, and what I know about other former pupils, definitely unusual!