When I worked at Bulwell late 70's I got to know a lovely old couple who were ex fairground travelers. You couldn't have met kinder, nicer more honest people. Their main sitting room had been knocked through so was quite long and narrow and always reminded me of a caravan. They had lots of brass ornaments.

Unfortunately the same honesty cannot be said of all travellers but society in general are no different.

There is currently a small group of travellers set up camp on a tiny triangular verge near ye Old Bridge Inn at Oxton.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

All true, the difference is they are all organised, authorised and the clear up costs are covered. Hopefully the same applies to the J26 fair.

Sounds a good idea but if they weren't such mucky buggers in the first place and took their own rubbish away there wouldn't be any need.

That little group has been in Oxton for weeks. I hope that the farmers count their sheep every night !

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

The Horse fair took place without any problems and the site was left in a clean state.

Much to the chagrin of many commentators on the Nottm Post pages, and no doubt elsewhere.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, denshaw said:

The Horse fair took place without any problems and the site was left in a clean state.

Good I'm glad but you can understand peoples misgivings when you read of the problems they created at Kenilworth and Kirkby Stephen. One swallow does not a summer make, let's hope they continue in the way they have started and maybe it will be a benefit and not a curse.

Good to hear.