• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel happy for Harry and Meghan.   It doesn't matter what the baby looks like or even what his name is.  A baby is a beautiful gift and will be loved by his family.

Mrs PP is taking one f our Great Grandchildren to school tomorrow. I remarked that "I bet the Queen does not do that". To which she replied "I bet she would like to". Makes you wonder who is the most

Does the babies skin colour even matter? Who's bothered? I don't get the obsession?  

You want to see em on television CT. Got to be the worst vent ever. Brough made no attempt at all keeping his lips still. It was embarrassing to watch !!

At least the little tot isn’t called DUKE ........  we’ve got one in our family (the Canadian contingent!) and a friend has a great-grandson Duke.    Arghhhhhh!!!

• Upvote 1

I just feel happy for Harry and Meghan.   It doesn't matter what the baby looks like or even what his name is.  A baby is a beautiful gift and will be loved by his family.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Arthur Worsley was the best ventriloquist ever. I saw him on tv many times, and NEVER EVER saw his lips move. He had the most superb facial features, just perfect for a ventriloquist. 

• Like 1

Incomparable indeed Phil. The guy was a true genius.

Gottle of geer.

Fly2 you're quite right that technically Arthur Worsley was an outstanding vent but it was Nottinghamian Neville King who made me laugh most.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It has been reported that the virtue signalling mother was to raise the poor child as both gender fluid and vegan, but thank goodness that HRH thought that vegan was unacceptable for the Royals, though why she seems to have said nothing about the other idiocy is puzzling.

• Upvote 1

At the other end of the scale Peter Brough with Archie Andrews was the worst yet he was extremely successful on the radio where his vent skills were irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

Yes ! It's all down to our upbringing. Gullible and delusional parents bring up likewise children, and so it goes on, and gradually gets worse until civilisation as we know it disintegrates.

I still can't get over the name Archie. God knows what the Duke of E thinks !

• Like 3

Exactly Mess. It's akin to some twerp doing magic tricks on the radio. He could just be sitting in a chair with a cup of tea, and only describing the said trick !

Sorry to show my ignorance but what is gender fluid? It sounds like something nasty.

• Upvote 2

SG., I think it's something you put in male and female fountain pens. Especially if you want to write to relatives.  :sorry:

• Upvote 1

Think everyone was surprised at the name , but after all he has to have one be it Archie or Fred. When my nephew was born his parents called him Iacopo which everyone thought was terrible and didn't like it but Iacopo grew up and we can't see him with a name like Giovanni or Mario  or Antonio. We all love Iacopo and we've got to like the name. 

I have never really taken to Meghan as she gives you the impression that she's a social climber. Yesterday in the short film I saw a different Meghan, she didn't have that " I'm perfect, don't touch me" look. She has filled out a bit and seemed almost shy and I felt I could like her a teeny bit if she stayed like that. Anyhow all the best for all 3 of them. After all you read and suppose I hope that they remain happy and that she doesn't show disgrace on the Royal Family or Harry. I've got no feelings for the RF but wouldn't like to see a virtual new coming bringing them down.

BTW I think Archie is a fine name for a man but not for a newborn. The name is so big for a tiny tot, but to each his own.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

I have never really taken to Meghan as she gives you the impression that she's a social climber.

Without out an atom of proof I have to say nonna that's my perception too - time will tell.

I didn't think Archie was a 'real' name, just a shortened version of Archibald. Ah well we live and learn and I genuinely wish them all well.

• Like 1

Surely marrying into the Royal Family is the very epitome of social climbing. Doesn't come much higher than that!

When I wanted to marry Princess Anne I was told I was too common. When a younger friend applied to marry her daughter Zara he was told he wasn't common enough - just can't win. :biggrin:

50 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Surely marrying into the Royal Family is the very epitome of social climbing. Doesn't come much higher than that!

Heh, just ask Margie... "A garden party you say... no no no... who are these people"...   :rolleyes:

Not that I know owt about it but social climbing, 'er indoors didn't do too bad, she married a King !

My friends newest granddaughter has been named Queenie her two year old brother struggles with her name and calls her wee wee. Parents sometimes don't think things through.

• Like 1