But I bet he knows his onions !!

I surrender. I know when I'm outclassed.

Don't worry Phil., I'm working on it.. :Friends:

Mrs PP is taking one f our Great Grandchildren to school tomorrow. I remarked that "I bet the Queen does not do that". To which she replied "I bet she would like to". Makes you wonder who is the most privileged!?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Gem said:

My friends newest granddaughter has been named Queenie her two year old brother struggles with her name and calls her wee wee. Parents sometimes don't think things through.

Gem you reminded me of something my mum told me. When I was born my dad wanted me to be called Wendy. Mum refused by saying everyone would call me "Windy" . ( could call me that due to the long post of earlier) but although I don't like it my name is Brenda. I don't shorten names unless I've been introduced by that name, such as Sue, Matt, Chris etc 

I was introduced or rather got to know my husband by the name of Alex but his name is Alessio which I think is much nicer. His family besides Alessio call him Ale (pronounced Aleh ) My daughters name is Deborah , Debby to everyone else, my son is James and Gege to his wife. They have their own way of calling their children which I hate. Stevelin, Mapuloni and Cloclo. I cringe every time I hear it.

• Upvote 3

Bren,? didn't she used to run the canteen in Dinner Ladies ?

30 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Stevelin, Mapuloni and Cloclo.

Not wishing to insult your grand kids but to my English ears those names sound more like items from a menu..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Not wishing to insult your grand kids but to my English ears those names sound more like items from a menu..

Ok it was fine when they were little but the eldest is 16 the youngest 12. Mapuloni or Mapu (Matthew) was called that because he's chunky, certainly not fat but he's solid and very lovable. Cloclo is gradually losing that name thank goodness . Her name is Chloe, Stevenlin lost his name quite a while ago and they only call him that when they're joking with him