Sign in to follow this  
IAN123.

Roads And Streets.

Where abouts was St James's chapel,surely not replaced by the ABC,is there any pictures of said chapel?

Rog

• Like 1

Duh!..forgot to look at that..i thought it was summat to do with Tolls...wrong.

Photographed from Houndsgate.gettyimages-85079785-612x612.jpg..multiple offices on the right..housed within Castle Chambers..in my go wakeys was the place..them army coats kept you warm when fishing .

47 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Where abouts was St James's chapel,surely not replaced by the ABC,is there any pictures of said chapel?

Rog

On a site now occupied by Bromely House Library, stood two buildings which played an important role in both the development of the area and indeed, Nottingham as a city. These were a Saxon manor house known as The Red Hall and its attendant private chapel dedicated to St. James. It wasn’t long before those using the new road closest too and leading past the chapel called it ‘Seynt Jame Lane’ (St. James Lane).

From here;

https://nottinghamhiddenhistoryteam.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/st-jamess-street-a-great-medieval-thoroughfare/

• Like 3

Mansfield Road and Victoria Station..gettyimages-107863617-612x612.jpgamazed at how much slum housing and a startling amount of pubs were cleared to make way for this great building...to be demolished after 67 years!

• Like 1

17498406-1690618054287787-67840280076446One of a few routes to School..'66 - '70.

Talbot Street: the Old Playhouse carpark.and Isabellas Club. Pearts Bakery in my time...Commer walkthru' would be loading up.Jersey Kapwoods the Barnip Shop and Lamberts Mill.Now the area is known for Rock City..an old Roller Rink.

The High Street, 1952.63721-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgExchange Buildings..i recall Pork Farms on the corner and Bus Stop Boutique on The Poultry...no idea about the Leyland Shop featured.