Five years in Nottinghamshire

I joined the group about 2 years ago but have been a lurker until now. Born in Yorkshire in 1958 and moved to Radcliffe-on-Trent in 1966. Lived there until 1971 when  we moved to Leicester. This was followed by a move to Cambridge in 1976 and finally to Bristol in 1979. Still love visiting the area and keeping up to date with what is happening in the City and County.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Welcome Andy.    We lived in Leicester until 1976 when we moved to Cambridge (Cottenham, actually) However, there the similarity ends .... I lived in Nottingham and Mansfield prior to Leicester and I've never even visited Bristol!  Also you are nearly 15 years younger than me ... just a spring chicken!

Hope you'll post some of your  memories of Nottingham and district....

• Like 1

Andy, I sort of think I knew that, but can't remember how I knew!  it's a long time ago but were you on/near Lambs Lane?

• 2 months later...

I knew Maureen and Jo Clarke, the headmaster of the Primary School.  They lived in Ellis 

Close.   Also Viv and Peter Kilburn but I think they moved into Ellis Close a couple of years after you left.  Also a neighbour of the Clarkes, but I've forgotten her name.....

Who were your friends on Lambs Lane?

• 3 weeks later...

A big welcome Andy D to nottstalgia