There were/are some claims that it was Stoke City but these have been refuted.

Imagine that, Nottingham had the two oldest league teams last year and I hope it will next year.

It certainly kills off the old trivia question, "which to EFL club grounds are the closest?" Apparently it is now Liverpool and Everton whose grounds are 1400 yards apart

In Scotland it is Dundee and Dundee United whose grounds are only 350 yards apart?

• Upvote 2

I think it irritates him, and gets on his nerves Michael. It grates with him, being a Magpie fan.

• Like 1

Not now Den, since they were relegated from League 2 at the end of last season.

• Like 1

They will still be a ‘professional’ football team though.  That bunch will still get paid to play football.  Hope they play like professionals next season and get back up to Div 2. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

People will have different views regarding Notts County FC, mainly  through the football (maybe if they'd signed my eldest son when he was a young lad things would have been different, haha. He went with them for a tournament in Holland) but there's a lot more to NCFC than that. When my wife was recovering from breast cancer she received tremendous help from Macmillan Cancer Support and Notts County's 'Football In The Community' which I've attached below. I'm sure that most people are unaware of this and I just hope the new owners of Notts County FC will carry this on.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/community/

• Upvote 3