• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, they definitely need Harry Potter now. 

I'm not going to gloat, as I well know how disheartening it is, when after a heavy defeat on a wet day, and you're soaking,  you're faced with a long drive home. 

What a ridiculous statement for a manager to make:

"I'm not happy," added Kewell. "I'm frustrated because I knew what Exeter were going to bring. They changed their whole team up to suit how we play."

seems like the Exeter manager did what he's supposed to do!

• Like 2

That statement just sums up how utterly naive, clueless and out of touch he really is. Let Harty run the job. He's got more footballing acumen in his little finger than Kewell will accumulate if he lives to be 100.

• Like 1

I see reports that Notts County are looking for a naming rights sponsor for Meadow Lane.

Firstly, whatever they call it, it will always be Meadow Lane just as Forest's ground will always be the City ground and Stags will always play at Field Mill.

I refuse to call grounds by sponsor names.

Secondly, who will want to sponsor a club that at this early stage of the season appear destined to be fighting a relegation struggle.

I hope we can see a major form change that can see them avoid the drop into non league obscurity which I think will lead to the ultimate death of the club and all its history.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well there's a surprise ! Alan Hardy is a real good judge of a persons managerial ability isn't he ? 

Kewell was another one who talked a good talk. The Job Centre is full of twerps like him. Good riddance !

Perhaps Kevin Nolan wasn't such a bad manager after all. Such a sad situation if they are relegated and drop out of the league.

Here's a question..... If they do, who then becomes the oldest league club ?

Clever boy Den. Well done.  Hope you didn't Google it ! 

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Well there's a surprise ! Alan Hardy is a real good judge of a persons managerial ability isn't he ? 

Kewell was another one who talked a good talk. The Job Centre is full of twerps like him. Good riddance !

Not a very good judge of his own driving ability either. Also the net worth of Notts County according to the latest accounts is more than minus six million. Let’s see if he can pull that round.

Get Sean Derry back as manager........then fill the team with local players ,who will do it for pride.....must be 20 players among the local leagues who would fill the bill,,,,can't be any worse than paying silly money to managers and players who just don't really care about the 'Worlds oldest league club''

EDIT............now,where's me Boots...........

• Like 2

I think the previous owner Ray Trew was glad to get rid of the club. I believe he brought it for £1. I guess Hardy gave him sufficient cash to pay of the debt to the Revenue. It seems to be an ambition for some businessmen to own a football club. A bit of a vanity statement possibly. I can't see him making a killing when he gives up on it.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Notts County