• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Mess said:

. I heard somewhere that one of Lawton's training methods was to get centre forwards to jump onto the edge of a snooker table starting from a standing position. That's some feat!

Didn’t ex-Forest player Duncan McKenzie jump over a Mini as his party trick?  

• Upvote 1

I believe he did it in the Forest car park, and also whilst at Leeds.

Beating Everton 2-0 in a League Cup replay in 1975. The County Road stand was actually bouncing on its foundations that night. Losing to Everton in the 1984 FA Cup quarter final to an Andy Gray header that was no more than six inches off the ground. Easter Monday 1977, coming back from 2-0 down at Molyneux to draw 2-2 when we were chasing promotion, only to just miss out and seeing bloody Forest go up.

• Like 1

Oh dear, back down to earth with a bang I'm afraid.

Not a good day for Allan Hardy. His company Paragon is in administration and there’s a winding up petition from the Inland Revenue against Notts County. Apparently he borrowed seven million from Paragon to buy the club. Not a good move in retrospect. We’ll just have to see who’s waiting in the wings to buy Notts County. He doesn’t even own the freehold of the ground. Looks like he’s been a little over ambitious. He lives nearby. I’ll see if his house is for sale when I pass!

14 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Not a good day for Allan Hardy. His company Paragon is in administration and there’s a winding up petition from the Inland Revenue against Notts County. Apparently he borrowed seven million from Paragon to buy the club. Not a good move in retrospect. We’ll just have to see who’s waiting in the wings to buy Notts County. He doesn’t even own the freehold of the ground. Looks like he’s been a little over ambitious. He lives nearby. I’ll see if his house is for sale when I pass!

Which one? 

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/900436637/ALAN--HARDY/companies

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure all Notts fans eyes will be on bottom club Macclesfield game in hand tonight against 7th placed Exeter. Fingers crossed. 

Wonder if old Alan will coff up on Wednesday for the high court winding up order from HMRC .... Interesting times? 

• Like 1

Recent away form would suggest Notts could win all their last three away games. I also think they can beat MK Dons because they (MK) will be playing to win. Against Grimsby we'll do well to get a draw.

Lower half teams usually have gigantic defenders who Notts struggle to get past.

So I reckon Notts will finish on 49 points which will see them safe by one point.

I don't expect Yeovil to pick up more than two points so I think they're gone.

Sol Campbell's Macclesfield are doing well but I think they're going to run out of steam.

Call me an optimist if you like but after following Notts for nearly 60 years you have to be. COYP.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ha, ha, Mess. Forever the optimist. I thought Forest would beat Ipswich and Rotherham hands down, but no ! Playing the bottom teams at this stage of the season is a mine field.

I actually hope Notts stay up, but it'll be a struggle.

• Like 1

OK, OK it would seem we will have to beat Grimsby as well to get the 49 points I predicted.

Unlikely I know but the fat lady isn't quite singing yet although she's certainly warming up lol

She's just gargling with Listerine or something similar Mess. Ready for the big encore. Hopefully she'll choke.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The wheel fell off when Kewell joined. The main body just went downhill from then on.  noblue

So sad that County have dropped out of the league. And I say that as someone who isn't a supporter of either County or Forest. I'm old enough to remember when Notts were in the old Division 1.

Yes it is sad. My late father was a life long avid Notts fan. Always joked that the ref would wait for him to sit down before he'd kick off. I got dragged along when I was about 5 but I never got into it and was bored to death so I stopped going when I was old enough to speak up. His loyalty to the pies though has rubbed off on me a bit and I listen on radio Nottingham most weeks. It's been a disastrous season and I'm glad that dad isn't here to witness this. He'd be heartbroken. 

Ive got quite a lot of Notts memorabilia inherited from my dad. Signed photos badges etc. Is that worth more or less now?

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Notts County