• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football clubs are  businesses. When you cant' pay your dues your'e bankrupt. Sell the assets clear the debts and what's left, if anything is up for grabs.

Bankrupt means bankrupt - get over it......    ;)

• Upvote 1

I very really now carry any cash with all this tap tap contactless malarkey, I did make sure I had a tenner in the back of my phone for the Notts bucket, a lad was stood on the corner of Trent Bridge I asked him to give it a shake it sounded empty unless it was all notes? 

I would take 11th for next season before we kick a ball, realistically 15th if we are lucky.  

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Oztalgian said:

on the upside it can only get better - we hope.

Ah bless his little cotton socks...  so much hope, so little chance..

Doubt it RR. They've broken their run, and now must start from scratch if ever they get back !

• 1 month later...

Good to see the Magpies climbing up the ladder but can anyone tell me the meaning of the three lines which are shown on the league ladder on the BBC website for the National League? We can only hope for a swift return to league status.

As of today the first line is below Halifax, the second line is below Yeovil and the third line is above Harrogate and this is the group that Notts are in.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49942944?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/england/nottingham&link_location=live-reporting-story

The lower 4 have a playoff for the right to play the second and third teams in the final playoffs. Only 2 teams will get promoted - the top team and the winner of the playoffs.

The Bury situation is being solved by only one team being relegated from League 2 this year.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Good to see the Magpies are currently in the last of the play off spots after a thumping 4 - 0 away win at Woking who were above them in the ladder.

Their current goal difference could be a decider at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Magpies recent form has not been the best and they are now out of the play off places. They still have a couple of games in hand over Wrexham who are 1 point ahead in 5th position. Looks like it might be a battle between the Magpies and the Spireites for a play off spot.

Oz, things have gone very wrong at Notts since they fired Neal Ardley. The new man has yet to get on top of things with the players showing signs they don't want to play for him. I hope the return of Michael Doyle will bring improvements. On current form Chesterfield would easily dispose of Notts.

• 8 months later...

I like to listen to Notts matches on the radio. I looked this morning to confirm kick off time etc and happened to notice that the official transport to Dover was £27. shortly before 3pm the match was called off. So having spent hours travelling they are turning straight back. I assume that there are no refund so when they do play again will it be another £27 or is there any recourse either with Notts or Dover who called it off so late.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Notts County