• 10 months later...
On 7/2/2016 at 10:03 PM, Amanda-Burkitt said:

I used to love the Casbahs and was very close to Pete (sorry cant remember surname). They used to do lots of gigs around Skegness and Ingoldmells and ive just found some postcards from Pete from when there were gigging in Belgium and Holland. They were a really lovely bunch. If any of you are out there message me im sure you will remember us Amanda and Angela.

I was the drummer.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I searched Alfreton & Running Horse, nothing, maybe somebody could move to the appropriate place.

I was thinking about the band's, 

Jewsons, Sunday residency, last gig was filmed, i was there,sweat box, caught Fast Ian at the Mechanic s a few days later..

Other than that, to my knowledge whole band disappeared. from the Nott's scene..

Can't beat racking up an expected zero responce!! ;)

Recall, a few more..

Stone Cold Sober, ABK, Left Hand Thread...

More to come...

..or if talking to myself, should i Invest in a mirror? :rolleyes:

On 1/14/2021 at 3:54 AM, HSR said:

I searched Alfreton & Running Horse, nothing, maybe somebody could move to the appropriate place.

Jewsons, Sunday residency, last gig was filmed, i was there,sweat box, caught Fast Ian at the Mechanic s a few days later..

The Runner was a decent place in those days. In recent times it's gone sadly quiet; it only opens if there's a band on (not very often) and it seems to be badly advertised anyway.......and that was before lockdown. I remember the name the Jewsons but never saw them.

6 hours ago, HSR said:

Stone Cold Sober, ABK, Left Hand Thread...

ABK I saw on many occasion at Jaceys (corner of Heathcoat St/Parliament Street). That stopped being a pub many years ago and is still empty.

Forgotten about Jaceys and bands, did see an AC-DC tribute band there once, live band night was a Tuesday? 

Not a pub I normally frequented, later became a gay pub, was well into my second pint before I sussed it...did have a American size pool table, only one I can recall in Nott's.

IIRC ABK residency was every other Thursday at the runner, can't recall who they dovetailed with.

The Jewsons were a great pub rock band, all classic rock covers, Steve Miller, Joe Walsh, Skynard etc. Just what you want on a Sunday after a heavy weekend. :victory:

Remember when they moved the. Staples jam  from a Wednesday to a Monday,..that's when they started charging a door fee..

Great Band from Germany was early doors..

A few more prior, Old School, Friday right residency, great band.

Both Leicester based but played the Runner regularly, Mick Pini Band, Bamboo Beat Band.

Also..Stan Marshall Law..that's it, for the time being, I'm done!! .:mellow:

• 3 months later...