seen colin staples quite a few times. he had or still has a music shop on mansfiel road. can you remember Andy, Boris and Keith a brilliant trio?

Was it the Colin Staples Blues Band?

Did they play at the Slipper?

Sounds like you might know the member Shedfixman

(see our front page, www.nottstalgia.com)

oh yes....i remeber and rock city and the garage...and the song...

fisheads fisheads pretty little fishheads

fishheads fishheads eat them up yum !

but i was genrally sozzled so maybe the words are not quite right !

here you can re-live the 80s with that fish head video

http://www.nottstalgia.com/forums/index.ph...st=0#entry15636

seen colin staples quite a few times. he had or still has a music shop on mansfiel road. can you remember Andy, Boris and Keith a brilliant trio?

Andy Boris and Kieth or ABK still play did you ever witness when the drummer used to leave his kit and play every playable item in the pub optics walls doors windows glasses heads tables

Some Nottingham acts i remember Splash - Working party - Wholesome fish - Dawn trader - gaffa

Wholesome fish can be heard at this years Nottingham Riverside Festival

http://www.myspace.com/wholesomefish

• 1 year later...

I quite like that track on Youtube it reminds me of Echo Beach (Martha and the Muffins) until he starts to sing!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a lad on (When I helped run entertainments at Catchems Corner Basford) Who's stage name was "Stormy Tempest"

It's Beefsteak by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the name Beefsteak

I got called Stormy accasionally as I was into Merseybeat. The film "That`ll be the day" was a parody of that era.

Billy fury and his band (Keith Moon on drums) were playing the part of Rory Storm and the Hurricains - using the name "Stormy Tempest"

From Beatleland to Basford - cant be bad

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Not forgetting

The Dinosaurs, The Fabulous Sideburns, The Joints, Colour Radio, The Casbahs, The Fairground, Armadillo and The John Noakes Experience. - does anyone have memories or info on any of them?

I can tell you plenty about one of those bands, I've got a feeling you were in a few of them, am I right?
  • 2 months later...

Not forgetting

The Dinosaurs, The Fabulous Sideburns, The Joints, Colour Radio, The Casbahs, The Fairground, Armadillo and The John Noakes Experience. - does anyone have memories or info on any of them?

I used to love the Casbahs and was very close to Pete (sorry cant remember surname). They used to do lots of gigs around Skegness and Ingoldmells and ive just found some postcards from Pete from when there were gigging in Belgium and Holland. They were a really lovely bunch. If any of you are out there message me im sure you will remember us Amanda and Angela.