• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hooray! At last the Scots Grey pub is being tarted up and got ready for occupation by an outlet of some kind. Been some years now since it was a pub.

• Upvote 1

How do you know Catfan, gave you had a bad experience in there.

ABOUT the only pub in Bulwell i never went in,if i'd have known Catfan i'd have got mesen in there. lol. you cant wack a bit of in..... however you spell it.

Too true Catfan,saw a bloke I knew in the Scotts one night..he sat with a pint glass upturned, I picked it up and duly got it filled for him.later he told me it was his way of challenging someone to fight him!! "As it's you Dawson,ta,I'll let you off". Taught me a lot did Chinatown.

# 238. PP, if you mean the 360 Club, then yes, I used to go. Was it as early as 1961/62 though? For a while the Nottingham Rhythm Club used to meet there, ex-the TBI or the Test Match. Had some good nights in there. The place used to be the Liberal Club, and I joined to play snooker there. To be a member you had to join the Liberal Party. The ownersw .ere Richards, who had a shop on Commercial Road, They finished with the Liberal Club and renamed it the 360 Club (360 Highbury Road).

• 1 month later...

25 years ago today I left Nottm to come to Tipperary, my black efi loaded up like a truck in The Grapes of Wrath. Saluting Bulwell now with a rum laced coffee, for giving me a take no crap outlook.. mixed with compassion for others though... but PC and tosspots have always been a no- no.If Catfan and Benjamin are in Chinatown 'ave one on me!!

Ian, Sounds like you are yearning to get back to your beloved Bulwell. Go on, do it; take the bull by the horns and come back to the place where it was all happening when you were there, and still is.

Well Ian, what more of an excuse do you want. It's a long, long way from Tipperary to Bulwell, but your heart's still here. At least we would see you at the meet-ups.

The Bulwell spirit still exists Ian,.........Had another 4 hours to kill this morning whilst Car was having surgery on Highbury rd (balls and shafts or summat) so caught the Tram all the way to Basford and had beard trim,looked at the new destinations IE chilwell,Beeston,Toton and Clifton and thought why would i want to go to ANY OF THEM ! so back into good old Bulwell and loads of friendly insults,such as 4 ladies who all seemed over 80,blocking the way outside 'Wilko's'

Come on Girls out the way',said i,..........bogger off,...who yo talking to?....you'll get some of this in a minuet.......said another waving her stick,.............Great stuff lots of laughing amongst their threats..........ending with 'tara duck' as i passed,

I really don't know (or love) anywhere like it !

• Upvote 6

Bulwell is an awful place, cannot imagine anybody wanting to go there........

• Like 1

Moderators, Administrators, ban her, tell her she cannot post anymore messages!!! We can't have language like that, especially by someone from bleddy 'uckna.

• Upvote 4

#247 Blonde.

I Suppose its an Aquired taste 'blonde' i feel like you do about Hucknall....lol.

BTW hope you feeling better mi Duck.

• Upvote 1