• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

I presume you lot have been through Edwards Lane Estate recently. LOL

Don't. A friend of mine replaced his TVs and went to EL Estate to give his old one to a needy mate of his. He parked up, but was immediately intimidated by feral filth. He left and dumped the TV.

• 4 weeks later...

which one the 1st one in 1965 or the 2nd one in 1980 which completely destroyed the buildings

the 1st fire the lad who lit the fire after being told off by Dick White the works foreman,he went into the loading bay lit a fag n flipped the match in to loose straw it lit it

the 2nd fire started after contractors was working on the roof i think set some bitumen alight with a blow torch

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bulwell is still known as Bulwell Town and sometimes Basford is called Basford Town,..........got me wondering if any other district within Nottm.City boundaries is still refered to in that way..........i can't think of any ?

Arnold. Beeston & I dare say others too.

Didn't local reorganisation change all that years ago ?

Here's Bulwell's old town hall for the uninitiated.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.0003693,-1.1956353,3a,75y,215.72h,103.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siYQMe9R0eJQJIgS4sy1sQg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Like 1

Well Catfan, from a bloody bus driver as well. Tut, tut.

• Upvote 1

The city boundary to the North of Nottingham runs up the middle of Woodthorpe Drive - we lived on the county side

#450 Katyjay . That reminds of a time in the 80's when I offered to take a work mate from Long Eaton to Bulwell. I took him via Broxtowe Estate and pulled up outside my old home on Withern Road. It frightened the life out of him. It sure had gone down hill.

#461.

Wasn't Bulwell, Basford, Arnold,Beeston etc etc all Urban District Councils of Nottingham City before local government reorganisation wayback ?

Hence Arnold, Bulwell UDC etc etc ?

• Like 1

Also drove buses to Arnold, Carlton, West Bridgeford, Beeston in fact every route except for some strange reason the service 25A & 25B.

Back on track tho, does anyone remember when Bulwell boasted an "upmarket" wine bar, the Tower Wine Bar in fact ?

This was situated on Commercial Road in the town center.

Ian Dawson mentioned the chinese take away in Bulwell, the Golden Dragon, I got remembering about twenty odd years ago when a Saturday night pub crawl around Bulwell wasn't complete without a visit to both of these establishments after a good nights drinking, when Bulwell pubs were good.

Can't go into many more details except thinking on my fortieth birthday (BEFORE I met Mrs Catfan !) I hasten to add.

I will say what a night to remember that was ! Happy days !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah, but yours wasn't always pork Ian. Had you not heard of the shortage of cats in Bulwell?

• Upvote 2