• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Rumour has it............all being demolished,.....the Barbers and Home brew place went about a year ago,and stand empty,no sign of For Sale or to Let,so would guess its true..........

Four houses left on Jennison st, and only one occupied,it was the chap that lives there who told me hes under notice to quit,all being demolished right down to the Kentucky corner,except the former Pub,which is listed............he believe Tesco have bought the lot,?

Bloke in a crombie Benj...nice!!

Just thinking,there was a small cafe ( magpie?) facing Alderman Derbyshire- just before the side entrance to the Aldephi.

Across the road was Jeff's paper shop,kens autos,a dry cleaners,chippy and then car dealers?

When I left my beloved Bullers a discount motor shop opened up near the crossings.

#509 broxtowelad i'll have a look tmara mate,..............but I wouldn't think your Granny's still there lol..........its the one right next to the Leen..

Thanks benjamin 1945, I've just had a chike at GoogleWorld. It looks like Grandma's place is still standing, boarded up, first house standing next to the entry.Time marches on. Nice to see the Leen's still flowing though.

That's the one Enigma, not going to be there much longer by the looks of it.

• Upvote 1

Bloke in a crombie Benj...nice!!

Just thinking,there was a small cafe ( magpie?) facing Alderman Derbyshire- just before the side entrance to the Aldephi.

Across the road was Jeff's paper shop,kens autos,a dry cleaners,chippy and then car dealers?

When I left my beloved Bullers a discount motor shop opened up near the crossings.

Jeff sold up about 4 years ago,still see him about in Bulwell cant really miss him always wears a Cowboy hat,just before he sold he was robbed and assaulted in the shop...........I think Kens Autos is where Smedleys Cobblers was,round the corner the Chippys still there,then the Car Dealers,bought my last car there,

Glad you like the Crombie,£20 in Manchester few years ago.......lol

its about time something was done with the old new crown motors site

Yes don't do anything for Bulwell's image as you enter does it,.....can't for the life of me remember what was there in the 50s and 60s...........

• 3 weeks later...

I miss Bulwell Market,the vibrancy in particular; cheap fruit and veg. There was a great record stall there for years,a slight seconds shoe and boot bloke had some great bargains,the red and white shop that sold some beautiful fish on a Friday.Into the Scotts for a few bevvies and waddle home with the carriers biting into your hands...nip into Ken Martins for a slash..a few Barley wines from G.Tolley and up Grindon to me mam.

Glad to confirm the 'Railway' club is still there on Bestwood Rd. with the concert room being redecorated at the moment so no Wednesday 'Sequence dance' this week, my reason for missing the mid-day meet ups! Sorry.

• Upvote 2

Can't be the full Shilling...can he...........in fact i'm getting code now........must put some clothes on............