• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

• 2 weeks later...

Get the dustpan mam, dad'll want that on his roses !

• 3 weeks later...

IVE said many times how much i love Bulwell,but this morning it surpassed its self,........was just leaving the Doc,surgery when a chap stood in front of me and went from side to side to prevent me passing.......thinking i must know him as he looked slightly familiar,i said 'c'mon then who are ya ?' well he told me his name and all the memories of our times together working came flooding back............Marsdens,Farrands and even Vernons (cliff-ton) i had'nt seen him in 50 years,he was with his wife the same lass he was courting back then,she even remembered me and my then girlfriend,......did you marry her she enquired? told her no she was'nt one of the lucky ones lol..........

We continued to reminise for at least half an hour updating each other with where's so and so now and the like,turned out they had married 40 odd years ago and always lived in Bulwell,wonder i'd never bumped into them over the years,but with Bulwell having a population of around 30,000 not that surprising,

All that in its self was a rreally nice encounter..........but straight after bumped into two more couples.......won't boree you anymore,but the same length of time had passed since i'd seen them,and similar conversations took place..........Bulwell i love you........lol.

• Upvote 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick gleg around my home town 'tother day everything in and around one street..nice and clean an all,

Busker in a bear skin with bagpipes.. set the tone for a cracking morning in equally cracking company.

Still miss the place...deffo a bumping in location!!

That stretch of Main Street Ian between Tesco & the Market Place ought to be re-named GERRERRNAAH STREET, the times I hear screaming teenage chav mothers (usually single parents) bawling that at their mis-behaving out of control ADHD infected brats is reaching epidemic proportions, they have usually left Wetherspoons & on the way back to the bus station to get the 79 bus back to Aspleh !

A bus ! Catfan, they all can afford bloody taxis back to their pits.

• Upvote 1

You want to see Greggs on Broxtowe Lane on benefits day. They are queuing outside the door from 7am.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Was there today Ian ! All is well. In fact coming home with Mrs C, I stopped to rest & a bloke I don't know stopped & asked if I was OK ! A nice thought ! In Bulwell too !

• Upvote 3