No, because in the past, they'd have been drowned at birth !

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

It's delayed, the snow is due Tue night / Wed morning. 

Mass looting envisaged. Domino Pizzas ransacked !

• Upvote 1

I see the saviours of Bulwell aka "Gregg's"  are launching a "Festive" menu !

Loaded with excessive carbs, calories & artificial colourings & preservatives guaranteed to satisfy even the most ADHD infected screaming brat of the great unwashed of Bulwell & keep em quiet for at least fifteen minutes ! I give you the Festive Gregg's menu !

http://www.nottinghampost.com/greggs-has-launched-a-new-christmas-menu-but-can-you-guess-what-has-the-most-calories/story-29876986-detail/story.html

• Upvote 2

Say what you like about Bulwell...........but a bloke who had a pint in Bulwell a few weeks ago,..is meeting the President elect of the USA this weekend.........so there !!!

• Upvote 1

Nah, Jill, it's our Nige (Farage). BTW talking about Ben's exes, have you noticed they all have something in common - they all gave him the heave-ho.:rotfl:

• Upvote 3

#717. Don't think so, Jill. It was either his fast racy lifestyle they couldn't keep up with - or it was his loud ties.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice one Den,didnt know that.............only been in 2 or 3 times.........back in the 60s.......took me Mam,she loved it in the Summer,was like being out in the country back then....................

• 1 month later...

I've put a few posts on about my times down the meadows when I were a kid and it got me thinking about the Saturday visits to my maternal grandparents who lived down Albert st Bulwell,top of the road was the Highbury picture house that we frequented Saturday mornings clutching our tanner to get in,The Lone Ranger,Zoro films like that,that was of cause if we didn't get dragged along the vale to Bulwell market,I know it's not very far to walk but to a  lazy little sod like me it was always a bind,anyroadup to get back to me grans house,my cousins lived across and just down Albert st from Grans and we would sometimes go to the end of the road at side of the factory (not sure what it was called or what they did) we would sit on the wooden fence and watch the steam trains go by usually pulling coal wagons to  Hucknall pit and the occasional passenger train,My Grand parents house was the last one before the school and as such sometimes there would be the odd tennis ball in the garden that had come over the high wall from that school,I also remember outside the front of the house was a gas light that would come on at a preset time,you would hear a hissing sound then a pop as the main mantle lit (this would be late 50s early 60's,I have wrote somewhere before how we would climb the lamp post after the thing was lit and blow the light out,sometimes the gas was still coming out so we would light some newspaper and let it drift up the lamp post until reaching the head and,,,boom the gas would light and blow the glass windows out,boy could I run in them days,well if anymore memories come to me I will write them down here if anyone interested

Rog

• Upvote 4