Let's have you at Bulwell 'spoons tomorrow morning for breakfast. No excuse - you're not wokkin'. Ladies, afterwards you can stroll down Main Street and have a look in Gucci, Tiffani and Harvey Nicholls. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Jill, 9 to 9.30am. But we will be there for a couple of hours or more so you could arrive later.

Just got back from a most enjoyable breakfast meeting at Bulwell Wetherspoons with his holiness the Dalai chulla, Plantfit, Bubblewrap, denshaw and his lady wife and....our Ben, dressed to kill and, probably, with liberty bodice.

Very pleasant smoked salmon, cream cheese and rocket bagel plus coffee. 

Poor old Bulwell, eh? Not been on Main Street since 1988. Hardly recognised it. Otherwise, a very enjoyable discussion about times gone by! ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

What a cracking meetup in Wetherspoons Bulwell this morning,I'll leave the writeup for Chulla but here's a couple of pics anyway

P1050972.jpg

P1050974.jpg

from left to right, Chulla,Jill,Denshaw and his good lady Margaret

same line up in second picture except Chulla taking this one and me on the far right next to our Ben who is studying the menu

Really great turnout for a bank holiday,thanks to all

Rog

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

He's shy, Loppy! But I can confirm he does exist. I've met him, in the flesh and he has two legs. Amazing we haven't pulled at least one of em off! He walked me back to the car park like a true gent...probably to make sure I didn't nick anything! Brought his store detecting photos, too!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nice little meet-up....................lovely to meet Jill ,Rog, and Marg (dens significant other) for the first time,plus as always good to see Chulla ,Den and Bubble,

altogether pleasant couple of hours,........think Jill enjoyed my rogues Gallery..........probably a couple of em in Wethers at the time.........lol.

My old 'Geezer' mates told me not to try and sit with them in future because i abandoned them today,....but i know they'll have me back,just to take the 'Wee wee' out of my choice of drink and dress...............so once again lovely to meet y'all..(as Loppy would say).........next time Jill take you for a stroll down the Bogs......:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm still trying to get my head round how Bulwell has changed since I knew it in the 70s. As I've been chipping tiles off the bathroom wall this afternoon, a clearer picture of how things were appeared in my head.

I remember Steggles, the butchers, who also sold pastries, Austin Reed, the newsagents, the dress shop whose name I can't remember, opposite the Coop, now Wetherspoons, an electrical shop..Mick Godfrey? ...don't know where that name came from, another ladies dress shop, TSB, Ford's, famous for liberty bodices, and a lot of other places. Bulwell High Road is confusing me because I don't remember it being there at all. Main Street itself seems to end suddenly, just beyond Wethers so, presumably, buildings have been demolished.

Well it is more than 40 years ago and things change when you're not looking! I confess, it has unsettled me a bit. :wacko:

I thought I would treat the missus today to a coffe (99p) and a cultural walk around Bulwell. It was nice to have a mini meet up, meet Andy and Jill and catch up on news with a few old friends she was very impressed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope you realise, Jill, that you will be added to the Bulwell Bluebeard's long list of wimmin acquaintances, and might be mentioned in his memoirs. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2