• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

• 2 weeks later...
On May 27, 2018 at 12:46 PM, IAN123. said:

Peoples Republic Of:39d849897a2e6ca1f6b9e999dce4d3b2.jpgmarket day...before the days of Spoons and Greggs.

My best friend used to work the markets, including Bulwell, with his Mum selling pots 

• Like 2
On 5/30/2018 at 8:25 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Cokzua3.jpg

Corner of Montague street,, opposite Wetherspoons,

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For 40 years my Dad and Grandad used that entrance to catch  ''Dickie Dido'' to Annesley.................

My lad was off today & arranged with me to go out & mess with the drone thingy he bought. Batteries charged ? Yes Dad, got all the bits required ? Yes Dad. You quite sure ? Yes Dad. Lets go then. Parked in a nice Bulwell center location & soon launched the drone, flying conditions perfect & a lovely sunny afternoon.

Went back home & downloaded the video on to my PC & the video footage was great except for one thing. Somehow while assembling the drone he managed to get a thumbprint on the camera lens.Totally ruined the video footage.

What a clown, just shows that technology is fine but can fail by something so trivial.

I was tempted to march him in to Tesco's & make him sit on the floor & look at the fridges for half an hour !

• Like 2

Met up with Rog (Plantfit) in Bulwell 'Spoons this morning. Rog is fine & keeping very busy also had a lot of internet problems recently. He is still doing a lot of cycling on his trike. Rog sends his regards to everyone on NS.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

There are hundreds of videos on Youtube of truckers, dash cams etc. Some great backing up with doubles and semis to loading docks in tight spaces. As some of the old timers say when they watch a guy who is having a lot of trouble backing up, "remember GOAL"   Get Out And Look.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been into wethers in Bulwell first time ever, It was great to walk around Bulwell again ,love the place.

I met Ben in wethers thought it was time as we are both Bestwood boys, I can confirm all the stories about him are true everybody seems to know him. Had a very interesting chat with him found him to be a very nice bloke. He has a few problems at the present but with his character I know he will overcome them,  and I look forward to seeing him again at meet ups.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

i remember cresta cars as i worked for them around 1980 till they merged with dg and moved to nottingham road at basford .i then went with the four guys who set up A2B taxis (nev huckerby,james corbett,norman shaw and dave ?) .Originally they worked from the Notts Hospice but later to the units at the side of Catchems and then on to Bar Lane-I left in 1985.My call sigm was Lima .Now living in Evesham i look at this and other sides and it makes me sad that all the pubs seen to have gone -no such thing in them days of sat navs -just ask the customer where was the nearest pub was to his house.It was mad at times -no speed cameras just maurauding police cars -no spped bumps either so late night speeding was common.The guy who owned cresta chose me and a lad(John) from Hucknall to do the cars for his daughters wedding at the Park Taven.Think he moved to Gunthorpe 

Hardly any suburban pubs left now Rog. A sad state of affairs indeed. Yes, no need for sat navs when there was a pub on virtually every street corner !