• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Ah yes I remember him well when I was a patient of his briefly.

He was well known for doing Vasectomies for £40 in them days.

When my first wife came home from hospital with our new daughter in '78 he came to visit mother & baby the next day & tried to talk me into paying him to do the "Snip" !

He is sadly no longer with us, he passed a couple of years ago.

The other Dr Rao is still in practice in Bulwell, I was a patient of his until last year for more than 30 years. He is a very fine doctor !

It's just his "Dragon Receptionists" I could abide no longer.

Can you remember Dr Miller from Bulwell H/C Ian ?

• Like 1

Was Bulwell buzzing today? 2.99 for a breakfast!! Could'nt get a coffee here for that.

YES IAN,really busy had a 2.99 breaky again,and because i had to wait a little longer than usuall gave me a free 'Double expresso',i was alittle later than normal and as catfan says it was a bit noisy with 'Mams and kids',...........however mus'nt grumble........half the kids were my Grandkids'....but i hasten to add only the well behaved half. :)

• Upvote 2

Too true Ian, the Lime Kiln is better tho.

Hygiene standards have dropped quite a bit at Wetherspoons in Bulwell lately, tables never seem to cleaned very often & are sometimes quite sticky.

• Like 1

As threatened, what a glorious day in Bulwell !

First off, Bulwell by the Bogs !

P1010905_zpsac4cg03a.jpg

IMHO, Bulwell's premier pub !

P1010911_zpsic5ldg3d.jpg

Patriotic Bulwell Lot !

P1010912_zpsgserlw0a.jpg

Here you go Robbie, Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding etc, they are giving it away at £5.50, a steal !

P1010918_zps4kmiwcod.jpg

Mine's a pint !

P1010916_zps70hzgrr2.jpg

Mrs Catfan enjoying hersen !

P1010917_zpsshadsv68.jpg

A lovely relaxing lunchtime with NO bleddy screaming brats either.

Wetherspoons, eat your heart out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

From what I've heard the landlord is quite strict too, parents of any mis-behaving brat child are asked to leave. Kids have to stay at their parent's table.

So it should be too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Since Trevor left the Limekiln I thought it was not as busy has it used to be.Both are great pubs in my book.

• Upvote 1