• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Not guilty Michael ! "Ruby" was well tucked up in the garage, nice & dry.

As the "Lime Kiln" is within easy walking distance from home always leave "Ruby" at home.

Never drink & drive, you know it makes sense !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nowt wrong with Bulwell,used to visit there regularly in the 50's and 60's to see my grandparents who lived on Albert street, every Saturday down the market with me mam and gran who would leave us playing by the bogs or drop us off at the picture house, great pics there catfan,brought back some lovely memories, finished up living at Snapewood before moving out here to the land that god forgot

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Used to go fishing down bulwell as kids , fishing net and a jam jar , caught the 17 bus at Marble arch happy days x

Later worked at Bulwell day nursery ,just down from what used to be the clinic , remember that orange juice your Mums got from the baby clinic ? Mmmmmm we used to all want to make up the kids orange drinks at the nursery , i wonder why lol . Many years later worked at the dry cleaners for 9 years , oh the fun and games we had there over the years x

• Upvote 1

Years ago - trekking back to Grindon from the freezer store in Bulwell , i passed the old barrack hall near the lido; a skip was being filled. Sharp eyed as ever i sauntered in for a nosey! I dropped me bags of E34etc.. and oiked out a gigantic mat- the cemetrical pattern and colours told me it was 30's. Dragged it home ( heavy) cleaned it and sold it on Derby Rd. for £60. Never forgot that old drillhall- is it now a drive thru?

Years ago - trekking back to Grindon from the freezer store in Bulwell , i passed the old barrack hall near the lido; a skip was being filled. Sharp eyed as ever i sauntered in for a nosey! I dropped me bags of E34etc.. and oiked out a gigantic mat- the cemetrical pattern and colours told me it was 30's. Dragged it home ( heavy) cleaned it and sold it on Derby Rd. for £60. Never forgot that old drillhall- is it now a drive thru?

I thought that old drill hall was used for the territorials - it became a Doctor's Surgery run by Dr Grant from the old Bulwell Health Centre on Main Street........

I was a taxi driver at Central cars in the mid 80's & early 90's, most runs started or ended in the Bulwell area. Never had any violence or trouble & only had one runner, not in Bulwell but on the Edwards Lane estate. Salt of the earth are most Bulwell folks..

• Upvote 2

Colly: spoke like a true gent: any Bulwellians recall the mobile shops that tooted their horns in Bulwell and Bestwood est? A navy BMC van was one i recall- then Wurzel in a Bedford legionaire!! Also "respec" to Barry the chip van!

• 3 weeks later...

Pottering this morning ( age? ) got thinking about an old Bulwell mate of mine- sadly long gone- Ken Clayton. Fought against the japs- worked with him for two years- great tales about old Bulwell. No pasty eating chavs with bad kids squeezed into black leggins' then!!

Proper store detectives in Bulwell and everywhere else would solve the problem,trouble is companys won't shell out for em,then moan when they get robbed.

• Upvote 2

I think you would make a good Store Detective, Benjamin1945............You should apply..

• Upvote 2

Thanks blonde,.....i was/am 30 years, :biggrin:

Well you have the looks.....

• Upvote 1