• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Ayup Blondie, was you that "Dragon" receptionist ? !!!!

Which practice of doctor' s was you with ? I worked for Drs. Carberry, Ansell and Grant's Surgery.............

• Like 1

Probably not the same Dr Carberry Katyjay. I went to John Carberry (the dentist) for years and years, even when I lived down south I came back up for appointments with him. His practice was on Ragdale Road where his son still runs the practice I believe. He was my dentist from being a new fresh out of University dentist, starting out at a practice on Mansfield Road, near the junction of Woodborough Road

Blondie, was Dr. Carberry a dentist?

Dr Paul Carberry was the doctor, his brother John Carberry was the dentist - both had practices in Bulwell............

• Like 1

Dr Nessim & Dr Miller.

I can remember that practice, I always thought that their staff were nice and helpful - the ones I knew were, the doctor's there were very good........... I was there from 1974/78 and then 1984/86 ...........before and after my daughter was born........I was very nice to the patients as a lot of them were my friends - there was a very nasty bitch working there at the time, not on that practice though, she treated patients and staff like dirt, she pushed me out of my job by telling lies to the Doctor's about me as she wanted my job for her fat friend - she got away with murder for years until they finally had enough and chucked her out.......a black haired witch called Pauline.............

• Like 1

Probably not the same Dr Carberry Katyjay. I went to John Carberry (the dentist) for years and years, even when I lived down south I came back up for appointments with him. His practice was on Ragdale Road where his son still runs the practice I believe. He was my dentist from being a new fresh out of University dentist, starting out at a practice on Mansfield Road, near the junction of Woodborough Road

Yes, that's true.......I knew them both well...........

Dr Nessim sadly passed away, saw Dr Miller a couple of years ago in Bulwell Tesco car park, he being well in to his '70s now. Absolutely fantastic Doctor, retired ages ago.

Most of the staff were brilliant but as they say, one bad apple etc.

• Like 1

Dr Nessim sadly passed away, saw Dr Miller a couple of years ago in Bulwell Tesco car park, he being well in to his '70s now. Absolutely fantastic Doctor, retired ages ago.

Most of the staff were brilliant but as they say, one bad apple etc.

Dr Miller was a lovelly guy, he retired early through ill health, I know he lived at Hucknall, because that's where I came from and if still around he would be 81 now.......Dr Nessim was also a lovelly person, I am sorry to hear she passed away, the doctor's I knew will be retired now or long gone - I have not heard of any of them for years as I moved away from the area in 1987 and have been retired myself for 10 years....... I will be 70 in September......(I am a Libra)......

• Upvote 1

Yer right Blondie theres one bleeder in every job!! I'm a scorpio and will do anyone a good turn- but cross me and i'm like an anti-christ. I recall that dentist was in near Frogmore St? Ciders i think shared his practice with him . Ciders was only one step up from Ms Mengle on Clarendon St!!!

Yer right Blondie theres one bleeder in every job!! I'm a scorpio and will do anyone a good turn- but cross me and i'm like an anti-christ. I recall that dentist was in near Frogmore St? Ciders i think shared his practice with him . Ciders was only one step up from Ms Mengle on Clarendon St!!!

I know, and these people seem to get away with murder..........I can remember Clarndon Street dentitsts, I went there as child when I had a brace on my teeth, he scared the hell out of me............Beware a Scorpio they have a nasty sting in their tail.............I'm very into Astrology.....

I visited Ciders dentists when I was a kid 1952 /3 . He was situated somewhere near Canning Circus Derby Rd area.

He was a skinny lanky streak of wee wee and always hurt me.

I'm a mardy bu66er at the best of times, but he took child torture to the extreem. Luckily, I've still got most of my own teeth.

• Upvote 1

My hubby is a butcher and he is nice..........

• Upvote 1

I found the directory interesting ,reading it finally reminded me about the name of the chemist shop almost opposite the market and near the pet shop in the centre of Bulwell.(1950-1961 approx).

It was called Stanley's ! What the fittings and fixtures would be worth now is eye watering ,it was a first stop when teenage spots appeared for a small waxed paper container containing a sulphur coloured ointment,the recipe worked wonders though.

As a newbie how do I reply to posts when they are all together as above? Sorry not quite got the hang of it yet.

Hopefully I have got this reply thing right!

I went to Mr Carberry the dentist from the first time he opened and was still returning as a new mum from West Yorkshire until the mid seventies .

He was lovely and good to hear his son is now in the profession.

Prior to him opening the shop it was a sweet shop and general store!

The practise mentioned on Piccadilly was barbarous,I remember coming back from there with my mum on the bus with quite a large blood stained cloth in her mouth after five extractions!

However still better than the school dentist at The Bogs ,I know where I would put his rubber bung now before he applied the gas to a terrified five year old ! !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1