• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Bulwell is an awful place ........it smells....

• Like 1

#310 TBI, I remember the whiff from Stoke Bardolph when I was at school at Carlton le Willows. I remember once having a tour of the place but can't remember why!

• Upvote 1

Crabtree Farm is very salubrious, as good if not better than Hucknall Blondie !

So stick that in your pipe & smoke it !

Gosh ! Salubrious is a posh word, far to posh for Bulwell --------- Incidently, I don't smoke a pipe and I don't live in Hucknall either.........I had some great friends who once lived on Crabtree Farm Estate, just happen to fall foul of a couple of Bulwell Health Centre Barstewards during the 70's and 80's, both natives on Bulwell..............hated Bulwell ever since.....

Lizzie has your dog had its bf jab,they say Bulwell fever can be passed on to dogs if catfan bit him

he could catch it

Like it. made me laugh .....

Acquired taste Blondie.. that smell blows down past the Byron and Hucknall lane into Chinatown!!.. LOL

and across the sea to Ireland to be sure.......

I had a wander round Bulwell a couple of weeks ago. First time I've just set out to look around the place since the planners knocked it about. They pushed 'Bulwell High Road' through as some sort of by-pass to allow for pedestrianisation of main street. They completely farked the bottom end of Hempshill Lane so that it now doesn't reach Main St/Cinderhill Rd any more., etc, etc. I remember Bulwell before Seller's Wood, Crabtree etc. Lovely little town with its own character. I think a surprising amount of the character remains, but the way the Leen has been largely turned into a ditch behind a series of car parks for Tesco etc., really isn't very inspiring. Commercial Road, such as it is now, could be any row of low grade shops in any town in the country.The library opposite the 360 Club was a lovely building. Looks very sad now.

Progress eh?

Col

• Upvote 1

Can't remember ever having visited Bulwell. I'll have to put it on my bucket list...

An old galvanised one should do.... ;) Nothing posh needed for Bulwell.

• Upvote 2