• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

OK. Is it a nice place or does it just have a cross section of Bulwell residents? Make of that sentence what you want.....

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone.... I just started typing and out it came!

I'm glad I can make somebody laugh...............better than making someone cry........

• Upvote 1

Again my poor home town seems to gettin' a knocking. But I still miss it,and it's honesty!! Edwalton it may not be..Marmite? Love it or hate it..that's Bulwell. Put manners on me it did,tosspots,turncoats and two facers I do not tolerate, the piggy bank is building up again.. So a session in the Lime kiln is looking good!! One would like to get "buckled" on hobgoblin!!

I like where I live. Within minutes I can be on top of a hill with views over Derbyshire, Merseyside, The Irish Sea, Lancashire etc. I can see Jodrell Bank telescope, Runcorn Bridge, The Derbys. hills, the Welsh mountains, Manchester, Wigan, Bolton, the Lake District and much more. It's briliant.

I have a Merseyside 'Old Gits' bus pass which gives me access to local buses nationwide, plus access to Merseyrail taking me from (almost) Wigan to Southport, to Chester, all of the Wirrall etc.

But it isn't home.

If (God forbid), I was ever to find myself alone, I would be back like a shot, living in Bulwell, Bestwood or thereabouts.

Col

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...