Bulwell is still known as Bulwell Town and sometimes Basford is called Basford Town,..........got me wondering if any other district within Nottm.City boundaries is still refered to in that way..........i can't think of any ?

So after all that the answer is no then............lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Does Arnold Town count?

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 1

Brsa or Railway club as we always called it,.........the whole family used to meet there in the 60s,and I worked behind the Bar,Ken Breward off leybourne was the Steward,............we dressed as proper Barmen as well,......white coat and shirt with Black Dickie.........happy Days......other Bar Staff at that tome were Colin Simpson,Joyce and Don Richards......great people........#480 Ian

I knew my two mates would have propped up the bar at some stage here,

Benjamin i can remember those white jackets,also knew Ken well.

There was an elderly lady that did the food..had some terrific buffets there..and not far to stagger home..job was a gud 'un!!

Ken lived down from the Lovatts?

#485 Ian

I THINK the lady that did the food was a Mrs Richards and her mate Dolly,they were also cleaners there,she lived on Bestwood road.........I knew Ken Breward pretty much all my life........before he was the Steward he was a Guard on the Railway with my Dad and were good mates.

His wife Joyce also worked behind the Bar for a time,don't know what year it opened would guess about 59 or 60,obviously all the local Railwaymen used it,my Dad and Grandad among them,still see the odd one from tthose days............On my visits to Nottm when i lived away i always called in to see my many relatives in there,my Uncle John lived on Leybourne 44 i think,you might have known him,wife Eileen,son Ray and daughters Helen,Tricia and anne Marie.

EDIT........Jackson was their surname.

Benjamin... Trying to remember a lady at 17 Leybourne.. lived their since the late 50's..had a down syndrome son called Trevor?

Railway Club was a great spot.. never any trouble..seem to recall I had to be signed in. Is it still open..or given way to another KFC??

IAN............I think the lady at 17 was Mrs Leake,...........she had an older son more my age can't recall his name...............Yes the Railay club was a good place,you had to sign in with a member......and yes its still there,don't ever go though,too many memories of long gone friends and relatives,daft aint it bbut I can't put mesen thru-it.

Apparently my Dad used it regularly.. did the bloke own the Penguin cafe as well?

Enigma,RGR, Benj might know- its just something I remembered as Bob Skevvington was my Bulwell mechanic,and I used the cafe near ' nice cars'