That stretch of Main Street Ian between Tesco & the Market Place ought to be re-named GERRERRNAAH STREET, the times I hear screaming teenage chav mothers (usually single parents) bawling that at their mis-behaving out of control ADHD infected brats is reaching epidemic proportions, they have usually left Wetherspoons & on the way back to the bus station to get the 79 bus back to Aspleh !

How do you know they're single parents?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Chaps. I have been to Bulwell many times in the last few years and I don't like what it has turned into.

However. Just because a young girl is out and about with a baby in a pram is no indication whatever of whether she is single or not.

And chavviness is definitely not restricted to single mums, or any colour of skin.

Col

Catfan # 550.

I was getting a bit breathless walking up a steep cobbled alley on the way back from our local shops, so I stopped for a moment. A very attractive woman of about 40 ish passing by asked was I OK and could she carry my shopping!

I thanked her but declined the offer and she went on her way. It was only as she disappeared round the corner ahead that I realised she was probably tryiing to pull me. :)

Col

• Upvote 3

Dreaming is all I have left Chull!

That bloke could have been me Catfan.............but it wer'nt you always look good when i see you.........anyway these 'babes' you see with babies could be my daughter she looks 16 but is nearly 30 and frequents Bulwell with children 3 and nine months,very well behaved,and shes been married 5 years and taking a University degree..........sorry just love to brag about her............don't get me wrong she can switch to Bulwell if upset............lol.

• Upvote 2

I know what you are saying Paul & I agree, nowt wrong with being a proud parent or gransdparent !

How do I know some of these mothers are single with multi fathered kids ? One word answer, neighbours !

• Upvote 1

iknow what you mean aswell Mick............and they are in the majority,.......Daughter likes her Bulwell roots......shes gone to an Ann Summers party tonght,i dread to think what she'll buy,but i know she'll show me,.......just hope she don't get the wife owt...........lol.

• Upvote 1

On a recent jaunt to Skeg, Mrs Catfan bought a magazine to read on the treat, half way into reading the mag was a page with a few ads in there. BTW the mag was some woman's mag I won't name but been around for generations. One ad was for a certain toy that some women would have ?

Mrs C was disgusted ! noblue

Terrific Mick,..............bet i served them drivers with a pint in the Bulwell railway club,and also like to bet me Dad was a Guard on the goods trains.............

• Upvote 1

Excellent video. Especially like the earlier bit with shots of a new looking Golden Ball pub. Not so familiar with the later shoots. Is that the Midland line to Bulwell Market? Lots of tanks which I rarely if eer saw on the Great Central. ( According to my increasingly hazy memory.)

Col

• Upvote 1

Yes, the last few trains were on the Midland line - apart from the Austerity running past on the embankment, which was on the GN line from Bulwell Common towards Bestwood, on the opposite side of the road.

• Upvote 2

572.............Bulwell still up-market cliff-ton,.......most of the old buildings on the photo still there,theres even talk of making parts of it put under a 'Conservation' act,...................Bulwell has many virtues,.....a great Market,the lovely St.Mary's Church overlooking the town,the sparkling river Leen that meanders through it,lots of busy shops,Free Parking everywhere,a nice riverside walk,a couple of large Supermarkets that don't dominate the place,two Golf courses,Lakes for fishing and a lovely woodland walk,.a tram stop,a bus station, and a Railway station........not forgetting some lovely 'REAL' people that live there.......in fact i reckon the nicest place in the City...............there got it off me chest........lol.

• Upvote 6