Anyone know anything about the picture of the kangaroo taken at Bulwell in the Nottingham Evening Post? Didn’t notice one when we were in Bulwell this afternoon but perhaps it doesn’t shop at Tesco.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Actually having a closer look at the picture it looks like 2 possible German Shepherds one standing and one sitting next to it. Sure I can see 2 heads, but then my eyes are as old as me surprisingly.

No kangaroos in Bulwell, but several 'dogs' in Wilkos this afternoon.

It’s possible for a kangaroo (wallaby) to be spotted around this area.  After all, we had one living in our garden in Hertfordshire and I have a photo to prove it.   There are packs of wallabies around the country apparently but more prevalent in the northern Home Counties.  Must admit when my husband told me he’d just seen a ‘kangaroo’ in our garden I thought he’d gone mad!  

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

8356E927-8460-493A-BFFC-7219A5B0B645

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still sucking it when they pulled me out...twas the first of my 9 lives   lol

edit   photo thanks to Chloe

• Like 8
  • 9 months later...

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter''

Old lady in wheelchair blocking the aisle.in charity shop...

Sorry ive been dumped here......

Man....serves ya right...id dump ya as well........

Me........I'd never dump ya duck........

old lady........bet ya would..ya old smoothie......

All.........laughing...ta ra duck

Then into outside area of Coffee shop...sat down near two ladies..who got up to leave..

Me........was it summat i said?

Lady........No duck...got me bus to catch......

Me.........i was gonna chat you up.....

Lady.....as tempting as it sounds...i gotta goo...perhaps next time.....she leaves....Ta ra duck

Lady on next table.....Missed out there dint ya.......and dont look at me.....im not in the mood........laughing..........

Thats Bulwell.......always folk love a bit of Banter.....with a smile....(mostly lol)

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

One weakness of anything set in Nottm. They can never find actors with a proper accent.

I mean.. have you heard Errol Flynn as Robin Hood?

Albert Finney was a brilliant actor, just unable to get rid of the Scouse gutterals. They might have been better with a young Alan Bates who, born in Allestree, was a bit closer to Nottingham. Told at RADA that unless he eradicated his Derbyshire accent he would never find work, he spent a good deal of his early career filming D H Lawrence!

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...
On 4/4/2015 at 3:52 AM, Guest said:

Moved to Grindon Cresc in '73 . Apollo pub. Marshalls lorry yard. Adelphi cinema. Nice cars showroom. Dolly tub launderette. House of holland. Acropolis fish bar. Sun valley. Rediffusion. WHO remembers the sign FIREWORKS GALORE! Horse and jockey. Martins newsagents but i can't remember the cycle shop name near bus stops??

Left Grindon crescent in 1974, used to attend Alderman.w.derbyshire secondary school, drank in the horse and jockey had a scrap or two an all, worked in marshalls casemaking factory until one day a bully foreman told me to get cracking,  i just grabbed an handful of 6 inch nails threw em in the air and said make me ! Walked out the very same day !

On 4/6/2015 at 11:48 PM, Radford said:

Hopefully I have got this reply thing right!

I went to Mr Carberry the dentist from the first time he opened and was still returning as a new mum from West Yorkshire until the mid seventies .

He was lovely and good to hear his son is now in the profession.

Prior to him opening the shop it was a sweet shop and general store!

The practise mentioned on Piccadilly was barbarous,I remember coming back from there with my mum on the bus with quite a large blood stained cloth in her mouth after five extractions!

However still better than the school dentist at The Bogs ,I know where I would put his rubber bung now before he applied the gas to a terrified five year old ! !

Yeah went there once put the old gas mask on yer face and felt like i was curling up like a rubber ball and dreamt of soldiers with busbies on their heads stabbing my tongue with bayonets , then a woman with an high pitched voice , slapping my face and saying come on wake up !!

• 4 months later...