Some great photos on there DaveN, superb list of old colour pictures. Well done and thank you for post the link. Cheers, Beekay.  thumbsup

Interesting comparisons there Dave.  The one that Interested me most was the entrance to Victoria Embankment, the size of those trees compared to how they are now ........ very similar to those in Mapperley Park which would have been planted around the same time and need serious pollarding, but it’s against Council policy unfortunately.  

Yes lizzie,,and so many memories in one photo,,

Playing cricket against a tree with my Grandad,,then years later playing again only this time i was the Grandad,,

Getting off the football bus to see Forest,,

The Gents,,where you could have a wash and fresh up for 3d,,always had an Attendant on site,,

Thursday half day closing,,and taking a lucky girl down the river in a Rowing boat,,

Even further back,,walking with mam and dad,,all down the Embankment to the footbridge,, that my schoolmates used to Dive off,, memories in every photo of Nottingham,, 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1