• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just noticed it's 9 years ago today - July 24th 2010 - that I first registered on Nottstalgia.   Have I been wasting my time ?

I've been a member of Nottstalgia since 2011 and have always had a lot of respect for Cliff Ton. He's done his job as a Moderator in an  unbiased and friendly way when other members became a little co

I enjoyed the ‘Posts and Sheds’ topic, it lightened up what was becoming a rather tiresome and boring forum.  Nobody is dominating the site now and the contributors enjoy friendly banter, much like No

CT. In my opinion, you certainly haven't been wasting your time, as many look to you as the fount of all local map knowledge and for your seemingly limitless store of photos.   Over the years, you have suffered complaints  (and even some persecution) but those who know you, really appreciate your being there, along with the other mods/admin.

As for another aspect of 'time wasting'......Well, yes,  reading and posting on forums does use up a lot of spare time but hopefully it brings back memories of the old days for many...  and we wouldn't be using Nottstalgia if we didn't want that!

Happy  Anniversary, x

• Like 10

Happy anniversary Cliff ton.  Wishing you many more.

No!  You have not been wasting your time.  I would not want an admin job.   I probably wouldn't last long. You have handled it well, and fairly..

Thanks for your valued input.

Dave

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Crikey, Ten thousand one hundred & thirty nine posts!

Imagine if you'd played those word/keep one games :crazy:

At an average 3 mins per post that equates to around a week of your life. Don't even think about the time reading and researching...           Just sayin....   ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Don't suppose it's time waisting Margie. When one gets to our years, time and reminiscing is probably all we have left. ( Unless of course your like PhilMayfield , with his giant hay making estate, which probably takes 3 days to cross :sorry:

DEFINITELY NOT CT. The site would be in a poor position without your efforts. (That's if it would still be in existence of course)

• Like 5

You certainly do cliff ton,,thanks for all the Marsdens stuff you have unearthed for me,,even Vernons,,

• Like 3

CliffTon, Happy Anniversary Miduck. I can't thank you enough for all of the gaps you have filled in for me with my family tree. The places in my mind that were just shadows of memories, have been bought back to life for me with your help. I mean it sincerely, and the answer to your question 'Have you  been wasting your time, Never in a million years'thumbsup We owe you so much for your help.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I wish it was building land. It would be worth a few bob but it never will be and houses would spoil my view!

Get your brolly Phil, just had a flash from Google, which I thought might interest you. B.From Nottm. Post.20190724-183937.jpg[url=https://

The news flash I got via Mr. Google, was from Nottm. Evening post, warning of very heavy storms due tonight or tomorrow in the Notts area.

Didn't take much notice but did think of you straight away with your hay making. Hope all stays dry for you Phil., I will be watching the weather news and thinking of you. Beekay.

Your time has definitely not been been wasted CT, you found the only photos going of Palm Street and they helped pinpoint Palm Villas. I love looking at the old photos even though I am not Nottingham born keep going 'youth' sorry I pinched that.

I've been a member of Nottstalgia since 2011 and have always had a lot of respect for Cliff Ton. He's done his job as a Moderator in an  unbiased and friendly way when other members became a little confrontational or posted inappropriate content. I'd recently been away from Nottstalgia for a couple of months and when I returned found that there'd been some problems but in all my time as a Nottstalgian it's been a very friendly place to come to share our memories of growing up and living in Nottingham. Thanks for all you do Cliff Ton.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

I endorse that wholeheartedly Michael.

• Like 1