I only ask because last night I sat next to a bloke at Lincoln who lived in Helmsley, he told me he travels to most games, suppose every game for him would be an away game? But he had no ties or links to Nottingham, I just could not understand why he was their, I did not want him their, when we sing "Nottingham is full of fun" I mean every inch of the town I live & breath, not just my football club, not sure this bloke had ever seen the Market Square, let my mate RedDog sit next to the imposter for the second half. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just noticed it's 9 years ago today - July 24th 2010 - that I first registered on Nottstalgia.   Have I been wasting my time ?

I've been a member of Nottstalgia since 2011 and have always had a lot of respect for Cliff Ton. He's done his job as a Moderator in an  unbiased and friendly way when other members became a little co

I enjoyed the ‘Posts and Sheds’ topic, it lightened up what was becoming a rather tiresome and boring forum.  Nobody is dominating the site now and the contributors enjoy friendly banter, much like No

I know what you mean RR. Why's he not support Lincoln City, or Grimsby ? Anyway, don't knock it, as at least he's supporting us with his cash. Years ago, there was a couple from Ambleside in the Lake District, who followed Forest home and away. Amazing. 

I would have thought some team in North Yorkshire, Leeds or York would have been nearer?

That German "Ebby" was there, but I'm told he now lives in Hucknall, so I'll let him off. 

Come the revolution NG postcode or your out?  

As an aside.. my wife and her long gone Mum used to work on match days for Littlewood's Catering in Liverpool, who did the pies and cuppas at both Liverpool and Everton.  They told me even 40 years ago that people came from all over the UK and beyond, to support those teams.  I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if it's real support.  It's a lot better than the sort who 'attach' themselves to the top teams of the day and claim to have been fans all their lives..

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

. When you revert to your mother tongue the word you want or need to communicate just will not enter into your mouth. 

Nonna, I speak English all the time, and many a time the word I want will not enter my mouth!  LOL.

• Like 2

I never realised football support was so parochial. Why does it matter whether they are local or not? There are many who have never been to the UK who claim to be Man U, Arsenal. Liverpool etc. supporters. What a sad state of affairs when you won't sit next to someone just 'cos he aint frum rahnd ere'.

• Like 1

True Brew, my husband asked me to send for a supporters shirt from an English football team because one of the assistants in a wholesalers is a supporter . I was surprised that an Italian would have heard of a small team.

• Like 1

Kath it happens to me often but fortunately I can pop in with a few Italian words. It must seem funny to anyone listening.

• Like 1

Yes I know those too but I'm sure you know a few more like I do but I won't tell you here, although , :rulez:

• Like 1

Thanks for wishing me a nice day Ben, same to you for the coming day. 

Pub Quiz tonight, there was a phase, since the advent of the smart phone that people got 'caught short' . too regularly..:blink:

Now everybody plays fair  and the prize to the winner is a tenth of what it was previously!slywink.

• Like 1

Wednesday used to be quiz night at the Wheelhouse. A wanna be rocker/ heavy metal fan always turned up with a carrier bag of reference books - I don't think he ever won.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately a lot of the maps and photos have been ruined by Photobucket.

For years Photobucket were free to use; but a couple of years ago they decided to charge for their service. That would be ok if they operated a policy of "pay from now on"  but they wanted payment for everything you'd done in the past...otherwise they'd block it. And that's what's happened. On a point of principal, I'm not paying.

It was a case of being tricked into hading over your photos because you were told the service was free, then being told that you'd now have to pay for them or you can't have them back.

I currently use Imgur, and I'm repairing some ex-Photobucket images as-and-when I come to them.

• Like 2

Happy 9th Anniversary to Nottstaligia and Cliff Ton, a big thank you for every thing you do Cliff, I joined in 2012 and i found the site amazing, all members seem very friendly to me we are one big family. Though sometimes you do get upset's but we keep plodding on.

Keep up the good work Cliff and of cause not forgetting the rest of the members, with out your post's we would not have nottstaligia.

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary Beekay ! 

You are over 60 years of age and thus fit the current criteria. Does make me wonder what represents Nostalgia however.

If you don't talk about 1980's Nottingham record shops especially early morning, this is a great site...

Currently a ten month old..and spitting out my dummy..;)

Thanks HSR, I  were over 60, sixteen years ago and got chucked out of Nottingham in 1987, so don't  know an awful lot about it now. On the occasions I've  been back, I  hardly recognise anywhere. As long as you've  got your dummy, I'll  pop up and take you to the creche.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Beekay said:

It's  my first birthday next Saturday, 26th. Like to think I've  made plenty of friends (hopefully).:rolleyes:

12 months,  2,159 posts and 1,489 Likes.

Which makes it 5.9 posts a day and 4 Likes a day. 

That's not a bad track record !

• Like 1