My father used to work in Clifton. Maybe that is why he was familiar with Fairham brook where it flowed int the Trent near Clifton Bridge. We would often go there on a Sunday afternoon for a picnic in the 60's and fish for sticklebacks or paddle in the stream. It was a popular place with plenty of people on a fine afternoon. I've not been there for some 45-50 years but plan visiting soon. Did anyone else go there and is anyone familiar with it now.  I expect it's changed somewhat but looking on the internet it seems to be part of a nature area.

• Upvote 1

Yes, my dad took me over 60 years ago, despite us living the other side of town.

It's still there, and it still flows into the Trent at the same place it used to. I can remember playing around that area when I was young, near the small, concrete bridge. It's still recognisable from those days, although the surroundings are a bit more frantic.

We would get there by coming down the path from Clifton Grove, before any of the Grove housing had been built.

My father used to take me to fish with a net in Fairham Brook when I would be about 7, back in the early 50's. It must have taken a couple of buses from Woodthorpe to get there. That was before Clifton Bridge was built so we probably crossed the Trent over Wilford toll bridge. He was born in the Meadows so it was probably one of his haunts long before the war.