Jonah look on British Corner Shop web site. They send all over the world.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's everyone eating for their main meal during this warm spell? I've gone off salads and find them insipid. So far this week I've had salmon en croute, a very hot curry and steak and kidney pie. Al

I’m no connoisseur but all Stilton cheeses taste the same to me.    

This is hot weather treat for your dog but only if they like peanut butter, put in a tray freeze it cut into pieces give them to your "babies" helps cool them down. Apologies if you knew already but i

Posted Images

Hot weather (of which there is plenty here) leads me towards eating more fruit and leaving out the more substantial foods such as meats, bread and other carbohydrates. I like to carry on eating fish as it's generally light and easy on the digestion.

Going down to Cannes later to my friend's fish restaurant for an assiette de fruits de mere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the link, Brenda but unfortunately there is no Heinz Spaghetti on there. They have Spaghetti Hoops and Alphabetti Spaghetti but none of the strand type.

There is Branston Spaghetti listed but, I'm afraid that's not at all the same.

I was thinking about spaghetti hoops as it was my daughters favorite when she was small. I have bought a lot of food from them but now they have stopped the free carriage when you spend over £100. I wanted some malt vinegar but it was going to cost over 30€ to send it. Balsamic is nice but it's not the same . I used to order 10-12 boxes of crunchy nut cereal for my mum, that we can't get here so now she either has cornflakes or the toasted type of biscuit for breakfast. She's not very happy.

Heinz spahetti is available from Britsuperstore . 4 cans for under £ 4.00 but you will probably have to pay dearly for carriage as they dont seem to have free delivery for goods over a certain amount.

Very wet, cold and depressing this morning, so it's looking very much like Steak & Ale pie tonight, with chunky chips, mushy peas and thick gravy. Along with two slices of thick bread and lashings of Lurpak ! :hungr: Pudding ? Oh just vanilla yogurt and raspberries.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

From Britsuperstore to Alpes Maritimes the carriage for a £3-59 4-pack of Heinz Spaghetti varies from £11-98 to £28-07.

Thanks for trying, Brenda but I don't like it that much!

• Like 2

This is hot weather treat for your dog but only if they like peanut butter, put in a tray freeze it cut into pieces give them to your "babies" helps cool them down. Apologies if you knew already but it's new to me.

• Like 3

I've always understood  giving peanuts to dogs can cause them to have problems with their digestion. Peanuts have a high fat content that dogs have difficulty dealing with.

• Like 1

I've not given my dogs peanut butter but if they eat them in the nut form I can expect to see them again a few hours later in the same form as they went in, unchewed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jonab said:

I've not given my dogs peanut butter but if they eat them in the nut form I can expect to see them again a few hours later in the same form as they went in, unchewed.

Much like our dog and elastic bands the postmen drop everywhere! 

• Upvote 1

Yes, seeing elastic bands everywhere infuriates me.

Whilst out visiting relatives recently, I sampled chocolate biscuits with peanut butter inside. Can't remember the makers though.

4 hours ago, Brew said:

I've always understood  giving peanuts to dogs can cause them to have problems with their digestion. Peanuts have a high fat content that dogs have difficulty dealing with.

Sorry should have said only use the peanut butter that is made for dogs, it is low in salt and fat.

• Like 1

I have made some dogs biscuits which included smooth peant butter. They loved them.

• Like 1

You can make me a few of those Nonna.  :)

I buy them at the store for my boys.  They smell good and the dogs go nuts for them so I tried a bite.  I thought they were bland.  I won't be pinching anymore.

• Like 1

Thanks Nonna.  I don't think you need to post it though.  I think Mrs L has one but we've never used it.  The store bought ones are quite reasonably priced and I was in a bit of a joking mood.  ;)

• Like 1
On 8/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, nonnaB said:

Do you want the recipe Loppy?

Nonna, I would appreciate the recipe my greyhound is a fussy eater I think homemade biscuits would be perfect. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Gem

Hi Gem Of course I don't mind you asking. I have 2 recipes that I saved in an app called Pepper plate. I have emailed them to myself as I can't copy to anything for you. Can you send me your email ( if you don't mind ) then I can send them on to you . Just a minute let me see if I can do it another way. No I've tried a few things but it won't work.

Privately of course.