A good summer or a disastrous summer?

Until recently if we had a plume of high pressure move up from Africa, bringing a spell of hot weather, it made for a good summer. These days if we have the same it has to be reported as the disastrous effects of "Climate Change". Why are we not allowed to simply enjoy the weather whilst it lasts without having to submit to the misery of the doom-and-gloom merchants?  I, for one, am taking full advantage of the good summer - we've had three really nice days up here in Caithnness so far this year and I intend to enjoy every single day of fine weather we have whilst I can.

• Like 2

Come down here to see if you enjoy the summer. Yesterday the temperature reached 42 degrees. It's far too hot to do anything. It's draining whatever energy we have. According to forecast we are going to have a couple of storms this weekend but it could change. It doesn't even cool down a bit , we'll just a fraction but the humidity increases on top of what we already have.

Rain forecast over the weekend, but fine and hot again next week. Bring it on !

1 hour ago, Compo said:

Until recently if we had a plume of high pressure move up from Africa, bringing a spell of hot weather, it made for a good summer. These days if we have the same it has to be reported as the disastrous effects of "Climate Change". Why are we not allowed to simply enjoy the weather whilst it lasts without having to submit to the misery of the doom-and-gloom merchants?  I, for one, am taking full advantage of the good summer - we've had three really nice days up here in Caithnness so far this year and I intend to enjoy every single day of fine weather we have whilst I can.

Surely it is possible to enjoy the weather and accept climate change science at the same time?

'Climate change' has been occurring since the world began. Since the Industrial Revolution man has made a material effect on climate change. One of the problems contributing to this change has been the rapid growth in the population which the environmentalists never seem to blame. There are just too many of us for the earth to support in the comfort we expect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I always say 'Global Warming, my backside' . It's just Mother Nature adjusting herself ! 

Why we make sure a damn fuss over a bit of hot weather amazes me ! It's called EVOLUTION for Christs sake.

Well the sun has disappeared from my kitchen window and is now slowly disappearing from every where else and its starting to go a little darker so I presume the rain and storm will start before long.Hope we don't get hail as big as golf balls like its been happening lately.