Moorgreen Colliery locos

Does anyone recall the type of diesel locos used to ship coal from Moorgreen colliery to the main line during the late 1960s?

Thanks Notty, I thought they might have had a D9500 class 0-6-0 shunter. All I can remember is the centre cab.

3 hours ago, Compo said:

Thanks Notty, I thought they might have had a D9500 class 0-6-0 shunter. All I can remember is the centre cab.

They did have a standard BR 0-6-0 diesel shunter for a while. I believe it's name was David tho' I may be confusing that with something else. It may have been a replacement for when the Ex. WD 0-6-0 saddle tank derailed and fell down the banking near the bridge over the old coach road.

Found the culprit. I think it is a Sentinel D12 0-8-0 that I was thinking of. I was a trainee at Moorgreen during l;ate 1969 and these are the locos I remember.

I can remember the centre cab Sentinals, had Rolls-Royce engines IIRC, I was at the training centre in 1968. Can't remember seeing any underground diesel loco's down Moorgreen, but I only ever went in the Piper & Waterloo seams. Don't know if there any in the Low Main seam. Only went to the Low Main seam pit bottom once for a few mins: we'd got on the cage at the Piper seam inset (shaft landing) to come to up the surface, but instead went down to the Low Main pit bottom where the onsetter shouted "everybody off!" The cage then went up empty, the other cage came down & we all got on it then went up to the surface whizzing past the Piper seam inset without stopping...