I’m new so ask me anything

Amy, here is a question. There has been 3 other teachers on here, lisa88, missjacnotts, and Nottinghamlass 1992, do you recognise any of them? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amy, here is a question. There has been 3 other teachers on here, lisa88, missjacnotts, and Nottinghamlass 1992, do you recognise any of them? 

Amy isn't a teacher and never was.   She is a person of multiple identities and will no doubt be back again at some point under a different name, but still with the same interests.

I've still got some clothes that I bought before 1992!!!  I still wear some of them..... fashion seems to go in about 15 - 20 year cycles so if you wait long enough, you find you've got some trendy cl

I worked with someone who was a Grandmother at 32, and a great Grandmother at 48.

It's also pretty easy to highlight a section of a post  and you see 'quote selection'.. just click on that..

Just now, DJ360 said:

It's also pretty easy to highlight a section of a post

Ta Da!!!!

So which schools did you go to yourself Amy?

Outside of school.. do you have any hobbies or interests?

Ahh. Not familiar with that end of Nottm.  That's 'Injun Country that is... :)

I like swimming too.  started regular swimming (several times a week) around 2005.  Dropped off a bit lately for various reasons and need to get back into it.  Gets harder past 70 though!!

• Like 1

Henry Whipple Primary

High Pavement Grammar School

Teachers were cruel but fair.. :laugh:

I feel even more mischievous and angry because this morning I went to post a package. The post office had 5 people already waiting to be served. I was there about 8.55 / 9.00 I came out in anger at 9.20 and hadn't been served. One assistant at the desk, every transaction is done by computer so each customer takes time. One customer was about to close her transaction when the assistant said " don't worry I'll help you" she helped her with the cash point, ( ok very kind ) then she stopped to chat with her. 4 people waiting presumably all in a hurry. Then the next ones credit card wouldn't work, so cleaned and cleaned it . It eventually passed , then came all the palava with the computer by this time I was worried about an appointment I had at 9.30. Came out and went back later. Still 5 people waiting. All I had to do was hand over a prepaid package but you would have thought I was  trying to draw unauthorized money out, the amount of paper work from computer. A 5 second transaction had taken 5 minutes. Oh for the PO service in UK

Ahh but.. Nonna..

In the UK you'd have had to deal with the 97 old buggers who have been up since 4:00 a.m and queuing outside the P.P. since about 06:30.. in the full knowledge that it doesn't open till 9:00 am.  In their twisted minds, being first in the queue, even if they have to be there 3 hours early.. saves them time..   Used to drive me mad when I needed to visit the P.O. on my way into work and still get there no later than 9:30.

I think our Post Office is really struggling now Nonna.  A lot of big post offices have closed, including the main Nottingham one on Queen Street which has moved into WH Smith in Victoria Centre. I’ve only used it once since it went in there and there was no queue and I was served straight away.   Unfortunately the letter I handed over hasn’t reached the recipient after 3 weeks.  Admittedly it was going to Dominica in the West Indies but the person behind the counter told me it should take about 6 days.  The item was an important document so I think we’ll be starting over again and this time we’ll use FedEx and pay about £60 for the service. 

• Like 1

If it wasn't for delivering junk mail I doubt there would be much for the P O to do here. A personal card or letter is pretty much a thing of the past except for the odd birthday or Christmas card