Thanks Katy,, yes Bowiebrid,,i recall Thorneywood Athletic,,

I played throughout the 60s and 70s,,for Coop Pathfinders,,Bestwood old boys,,Notts Corinthians,,Savemore,,ABGibsons,,Bulwell Baptist,,BRSA Bulwell,,NCT bulwell, Golden Ball,,and Park Tavern Basford,, and probably a few others,,  great times,,

2 hours ago, bowiebrid said:

hi,

does anyone remember the old amateur football teams in nottingham? trent rangers,thorneywood athletic,active in the 1950s and 1960s

Come on then bowiebrid,,thought you were going to enlighten us with sumat? 

Name not ring a bell mate,,if you have any photo's of Thorneywood in the 60s i might know a couple,,

• 1 month later...

www.BritishNewspaperArchive,   online.  Has all the editions of the Football Post 1950 to 1980.  (Subscription a bit costly though)  makes great reading. All the teams and leagues are in there.

Played about half a dozen games for Thorneywood Athletic in 1964.  They sent a manager from another team saying I'd sign for his team. I declined.  No one at Thorneywood had the decency to say "We don't need you".    Apparently thats how they operated.  You learn the hard way, a lesson learnt.