Nottingham Boys Under 14 Football Team 1959

Another team pic with some elite footballers :) Two well-known names in Pleat and Birchenhall ! Plus others ! Feb1959 Football Post

48666937323_f574c0e88e_b.jpg

• Like 4

What can i say David,,,,,,,,in football parlance i'm over the moon,,,think the match was on the Lenton Gregory ground,,,not sure who the opposition was or even the score except that we won,,,only lost one match while playing for Nottingham boys  2-0 at the Baseball ground against Derby,,,i'm between two players who became Professionals...David Pleat played for Forest and others and eventually a manager with i think Luton before his biggest role as Manager of Spurs,, Mickey Summers i think played for Chelsea before being signed by Brian Clough at Hartlepool......the other who made it was Alan Birchenhall,,Notts county,,Hereford,,Sheffield united and Chelsea also England under 23s.

Once again thank you David.....

• Like 4

Birchenall also played for Leicester City. A great character, and very skilful 

• Like 2

Birchenhall at leicester of course fly,,he even had a radio programme from there,,,he was working on their promotional team,,he lives at Mountsorrel,,

• Upvote 1

Yes Deepdene he went to Mundella.........he was Captain when i played with him......mostly a right winger very fast..

The other Bulwell lad apart from me on the Picture was Webster who went to Highbury,,,,,think ,,not sure later played for Rotherham............

14 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

I never realised David Pleat was a Nottingham lad.

Not only Nottingham but Clifton. His parents lived at the bottom end of Farnborough Road; they were among the very first residents on the estate.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 9/2/2019 at 9:14 PM, DAVIDW said:

Another team pic with some elite footballers :) Two well-known names in Pleat and Birchenhall ! Plus others ! Feb1959 Football Post

A better photo........Greig now third from right back row....

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 2/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, benjamin1945 said:
On 9/2/2019 at 9:14 PM, DAVIDW said:

Expand  

A better photo........Greig now third from right back row....

Is this what Ben is looking for?

• Like 1