Amazon Parcels - Dont You Just Love Them

I have just taken delivery of an Amazon parcel. (Alexa had gone green, the light that is, and informed me the parcel was arriving today, she does have some uses.) It was an enormous box so I staggered into the front room with it. Got it open (with help from my boys) and found a large amount of packing as usual. Pulled out yards of the stuff and then some of the air filled stuff.

Finally got to the actual parcels, two new dog blankets for the boys. Now these are extra large, they are big lads, but they were in the smallest heavy plastic bags that they could possibly get them in, thought they had sent the wrong size or I had measured wrongly. Well sealed with sellotape as well.

Got out my trusty scissors and dismantled the sellotape and opened the bag. The bed was jammed in tight, and I mean really tight, so it wouldn’t budge. After much pulling and tugging, with a few choice words, I made myself a cup of tea. I was a bit worried about cutting the bag in case I damaged the bed so decided to open the other bag which looked the same but heigh ho it might have been easier to get out. 

Shooed away two dogs who were keen to help, pigs ears worked will keep them busy for 10 minutes or so. Wiggled, waggled (the bag not me) and throw it around my head and it wouldn’t budge. Throw it across the room and drank the rest of my tea.

Wrote a post in the political thingy on here and went into battle again. Got a (very) small pair of scissors out of a toolbox in the storeroom and managed to cut one bag open. Have you seen those life rafts that self inflate, the bed coming out of the bag was rather like that. Now have 2 beds out and in position. Pleased with them (good job after all that effort or Amazon customer service would have had their ears burnt off), right size, non slip and look good.

Boys have circled them, sniffed then suspiciously and gone and laid down on their old tatty ones that I had put in the kitchen ready to dispose of! 

Oh well the next parcel due this afternoon will be more welcomed, large chicken sausage treats.

• Like 3

Eureka one new dog blanket being used after much sniffing, scratching and circling. Makes it all worthwhile possibly.

They usually like to chew 'em a bit first.  I once bought a bed for my Beagle.  He turned circles on it and then peed on it.  He is well house trained and never peed in the house before or since.  I think he was just expressing an opinion.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, loppylugs said:

They usually like to chew 'em a bit first.  I once bought a bed for my Beagle.  He turned circles on it and then peed on it.  He is well house trained and never peed in the house before or since.  I think he was just expressing an opinion.

It was to confirm it was his. It happened to one of our dogs. But I don't leave items on the floor , just in case. Visitors are asked never to leave handbags , cases etc on the floor. You never know.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

We've had quite a few scams lately.The other week i answered the phone and a voice asked me if i was Mrs Ca...... I said yes and she continued to tell me that she was from a group that was something to do with cancer. She said they were doing a musical evening using only ticket entrance and as they had sold out the tickets and due to the restrictions due to covid they werent allowed to produce any more tickets. " Would you be prepared to donate an amount to help towards this valid cause "  Quick thinking my first thought was they must be something to do with the hospital where I go for followups, but then my common sense stepped in the hospital doesnt know me by my married name ( women  in Italy keep their maiden names ) so i was able to say sorry but no try someone else. Then a few days later same drivel a roundabout way of asking for money. I dont disagree with supporting valid charities or researches and i donate volontarily not over the phone.