The Dungeon Club reunion group goes from strength to strength and now up to 150 people meet up regularly each month to reminisce about the 60s, Mods,, music, clothes, renew old friendships or make new ones and listen or dance to the music they first heard in the club.

Last year it was decided that a band should be formed out of the membership to play that music. Dungeon Daze was formed, playing the music heard in the club and has gone on to perform at various establishments around Nottingham incuding some well-known haunts of the past:

• at Parkas at both the Boat Club and the Brit,
  • at Cotgrave Welfare supporting a blast from the past, Jimmy James & the Vagabonds,
  • and earlier at Saltbox where we held a birthday party for the many Dungeon members who were born in 1949 and yes this year they were all 70 years young (and they're still dancing the night away).

We would like to make people aware of our news and schedule (including any gigs coming up in the near future).

We are setting up a new news service, sent to you on a regular basis, initially as an e-mail.

To be added to our mailing list, please send your name and e-mail address to us. This can be through:

• e-mail - dungeondazeband@gmail.com
  • messenger - m.me/dungeondaze

Please pass this information on to your friends who are not on social media.

Those on Facebook can like our page 'Dungeon Daze' to keep up to date,

Hope to see some of you at a future gig.

Maurice

• Like 4

If interested, here are a selection of songs we play which may be heard at one of our gigs:

634-5789 - Wilson Pickett

A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum

Ain’t Nothing But A Houseparty - Showstoppers

Ain’t Too Proud To Beg - Temptations

All Day and All of the Night - Kinks

All Or Nothing - Small Faces

Barefootin’ - Robert Parker

Dimples - John Lee Hooker

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - Solomon Burke

Get Ready - Temptations

Gimme Some Lovin’ - Spencer Davis Group

Gloria - Them

Green Onions - Booker T & the Mgs

Handbags & Gladrags - Chris Farlowe

Hang On Sloopy - McCoys

Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix

High Heel Sneakers - Tommy Tucker

Hold On I’m Coming - Sam & Dave

Honky Tonk Women - Rolling Stones

In The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett

Jumpin’ Jack Flash - Rolling Stones

Keep On Running - Spencer Davis Group

Knock On Wood - Eddie Floyd

Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett

Little Red Rooster - Rolling Stones

Louie Louie - Kingsmen

Money - Barrett Strong

Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett

My Girl - Otis Redding

Not Fade Away - Rolling Stones

Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner

Respect - Otis Redding

Route 66 - Rolling Stones

Shout - Lulu & the Luvvers

Some Kind Of Wonderful - Soul Brothers Six/Grand Funk Railroad

Soul Man - Sam & Dave

Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream

The Last Time - Rolling Stones

Time Is Tight - Booker T & the Mgs

Tracks Of My Tears - Miracles

Walking The Dog - Rufus Thomas

We Gotta Get Out of This Place - Animals

Whatcha Gonna Do About It - Small Faces

Wooly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs

You Really Got Me - Kinks

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Some great tracks there Moz. Definitely something for everyone's tastes.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if any gigs were posted on here, for anyone not wanting to disclose their email address.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sunday December 8th 2019  7:30 till late    At the Southbank Bar, Nottingham City

Come and celebrate Christmas with Dungeon Daze. We will be playing our usual blend of Soul, Motown, R&B, Blues - all that music you all loved to dance to in the Dungeon Club back in the 60s.

£5 admission by ticket - available shortly from Gigantictickets.com, Andy Hallam, Ann Barry and band members.

All proceeds to Bloomin' Dementia.

Please Note: This is at the Southbank Bar in Nottingham City - used to be known as The Approach, or in our day Toby's store.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkx13sh4RUfseZnYA

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

On a very hot day, cool down & chill. Let me entertain you - Chris Farlowe (Rolling Stones), Steve Miller Band, Small Faces, Buffalo Springfield, David Bowie.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
I have called this collection ‘Micky’s Choice’ as the songs were requested by Micky, my wife. Here are her reasons for choosing them.
“Thank you, Maurice, for covering my selection.
“The first song, ‘Man of the World’ by Peter Green, and the second ‘Blues Run The Game’ by Jackson C. Frank, both have music and words I can really relate to and feel a connection with (Nick Drake a contemporary of Jackson C. Frank covered ‘Blues Run The Game’). I take comfort in knowing I am not alone in the way I see the world.
“The next two songs, Neil Young’s ‘Like A Hurricane’ and Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Sound of Silence’ had little impact on me the first time round but, revisited in later life, I love them! The latter was reintroduced to me by my son, Max.
“Finally, one of my all time favourites – Jethro Tull was the first band I saw live and ‘We Used To Know’ is my favourite track on ‘Stand Up’, the first album I ever bought. The 14-year old me didn’t listen to words much, I just loved the way the music built and built. Note how similar a later song, ‘Hotel California’ by the Eagles sounds (with its chord sequence).”
  • Like 1

Good stuff Mozz..

Never picked up on the Tull, Eagles connection..still can't really see it.

was told by a respected old boy...it's all been done, being 17 at the time..i had none of it!

The Vist by Jackson C Frank is worth a revist...

• 1 month later...
I am putting a video up every Sunday (just ask if you want them more regularly and suggest songs you would like to hear - I could repost songs I've already put up).
This week's offering was a hit by America in 1971.
Enjoy.