What sort of milk in tea & coffee?

I couldn't care less what sort of milk I use in my tea, it can be full cream, semi skimmed, skimmed; fresh, UHT, condensed, evaporated or powder'd. My wife likes fresh in coffee but doesn't mind UHT on her corn flakes, I usually use UHT as it has a long life, my mate Gordon thinks I should be shot for using anything else but fresh full cream. What do others prefer?

• colly0410 changed the title to What sort of milk in tea & coffee?

Skinny red top, or at a push, semi, green top. Anything in little plastic tubs is a no no, such as UHT, long life etc.

However, sometimes when in a restaurant, I'll finish a meal with a coffee and cream.

The milk available here is nearly all that dreadful UHT stuff - which the natives seem to really appreciate. Fresh milk is available if you know where to look but it is mostly looked down upon as something inferior (and perhaps toxic?).

I never take milk as it's so revolting (it has a "plastic" like flavour - which may be from the bottle it's in). I drink black tea and I take coffee black also but very occasionally, in a restaurant, say, will have a soupçon of cream (which they don't mess about with so much).

• Like 1

We usually have skimmed milk in a glass bottle from the milkman,  but we occasionally have semi skimmed in a plastic bottle from the Supermarket.  I do prefer the latter on cereal but like skimmed in tea and coffee.  We have  UHT skimmed  milk in a carton for if we we run out.  

Always have my coffee black and I don't drink tea.

Red top, green top...you won't find those in my fridge. Blue top and Jersey cows milk. Yes, I know it's frowned on and some supermarkets won't stock it but I don't care. I like it!

Jill, so what do you use your creamy milk for?   Are cats supposed to drink cow's milk?   I sometimes mix a little milk with cooked cheap white fish for our two cats.....

Someone tried to tell me cows milk is bad for cats, hedgehogs and humans. I drink it, the kids drank it. the cats drink it,  and we had Mr Prickles visit us regularly  for almost two years  - all without the least sign of ill effects.

I don’t drink a lot of coffee but do take it with milk. I drink tea a lot. Not had milk in it for years. I can’t stand it with milk. Occasionally Jane will take the teabag from her milky tea to make me one and I can’t drink it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot about sterilised milk people used to have when I was a kid in the 1960's, I'm presuming UHT has taken over from it as I haven't seen any for decades. Mam hated it but Dad & myself didn't mind it. IIRC it didn't go sour so quick as fresh without refrigeration. Remember the floating white cream on fresh milk before we had a fridge...