Thomas Cook's sad demise.

Travelling back from Italy on Sunday, the sad news filtered through, that the end was nigh for the long established travel company. Monday morning's news of course confirmed the devastating news.

I'd booked the coach tour through Cooks in Bulwell, and was not affected as it wasn't one of their holidays. My thoughts turned to the employees who I've dealt with for years, and had the most amazing service. They were professional, helpful, knowledgeable and most of all, friendly. We were always welcomed into the shop like we were old friends. 

The company's demise is a sad loss to the country. I just hope those responsible can sleep at night ! This situation was surely foreseeable !

Exactly my point Den ! Utterly disgraceful.

Liking the old Enfield, I hired a 125 Benelli tornado, bit like a monkey bike while in Lanzarote, Mrs Red would not get on the back, I was going to take her up Mount Teide, managed to pull some spectacular wheelies, even got some air, took it off road come off a few times on some dust, Mrs Red made me take it back after 2 days, else she's going home, said I'll kill mesen!

Might treat myself to summit next summer & dump the car! If me Mam & Mrs Red lets me :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to see Thomas Cook's shop in Poole open yesterday. Well done Hays Travel.

And as a reference to Nottingham ................. the Thomas Cook agency on Long Row has opened under the Hays Travel banner too.  I don't think I've been into a travel agents premises for at least 25 years so it's a good job they don't rely on the likes of me.  

• Upvote 1