Any Mycologists here?

Looking for an ID for these two mushrooms. I think I know what they are but would like a second opinion.

1. Found in grassy clearing in a Spruce forest. [Entoloma serrulatum?]

RKfi2uEGjo7I8MLGbNAMx9cHaXfud6CmKUnaD1w7 0FjY_o4NFLmGiQTif9JeMkQC6cvr91_bbT8jSzBo

2. Found on mossy peat beneath Spruce. [Gomphidious glutinosus?]

t6raeDNtaACgIHpAnB7UmB_56PD2gD90leLvlUok

• Like 1

Can't see them.  I woldn't call myself a 'Mycologist' but I have a decent laymans knowledge of a few fungi.  Sadly, not many spruce forests round here..  From what I recall all Entolomas are at best 'inedible'.  Aslo from memory 'Gomphidius' tend to have a pointed gap.

Here are images from Google of the species you mention.

ab20f26bbf96b147fc0a7a2704ceec3e.jpg

Gomphidius_glutinosus_x1.jpg

• Like 1

Can you see them using these links, Col? Obviously, without a spore id it would be impossible to be certain as tot heir species.

gomphidious glutinosus

Entoloma serrulatum1

Entoloma serrulatum2

On 9/28/2019 at 11:39 AM, Compo said:

Looking for an ID for these two mushrooms.

Ayup youth them pictures you posted, nowt there? Just some black & white "no entry" signs? 

There is loads of mushroom treads on here, most of them started by you :crazy:

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/search/?&q=mushrooms&author=Compo&search_and_or=or

Perhaps Admin can merge the threads together, Red?  I apologise for any inconvenience caused by my multi-threading....memory not what it used to be.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Shaggy Ink Caps which seem to grow every year in a local field.  II took this with my phone a couple of weeks ago. Also known around Nottm as 'Cocky Lads'. Latin name is Coprinus Comatus.  Edible when young and firm, though the only time I tried them I wasn't keen.

They quickly 'deliquesce'..or turn to liquid.. which is basically a mass of black spores and has been used to make ink.

u8YwdmwSzyMbkgAOTaCfy6MSTB_X4nbtX_81OSDV

Not to be confused with the more tan coloured 'Common Ink Cap', (Coprinus Atramentarius) which is not 'shaggy' in appearance.  Also nominally edible but causes very scary symptoms if eaten in conjunction with alcohol.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, trogg said:

I can still see the photos and I don't know what I am doing at the best of times, so I cannot help out.

Try closing the browser and look again..

I  switched browser off, Microsoft Edge, and laptop as well, all on again, I still cannot see Compos first photos on 28th but can see them on the 29th   via the links. I can still see all of DJs photos and I still don't know what is going on. Hope that helps.

I think maybe you should stop posting these blank pictures for the sanity & future of the site, it obviously something you are doing wrong your end,, pictures of dogs, cats, food, cakes, pasta & milk churns leave than on FaceBook where they belong :crazy:

• Like 3

I'm still able to see the pictures I commented on yesterday - 22 hours after the original posting. Is this a record? (That is a rhetorical question, please don't answer it).

I can see photos up until September 28th and the links work from the 29th but can see no images after that date. I wonder if it is my workshop gnomes reaching out in the world?  

• 1 year later...