• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a tit bit for you...nearly opposite the bottom of Hanley Street is Poynton Street...still there, but just a jitty through warehouses now. It's named after Widow Poynton who was a scold and suf

Yes my Dad worked in the office there. When my mum took me shopping in the Co-op we would shout to Him and He looked out of the window and waved to us. Magic time as I didn't see a lot of Him due to t

For anyone who hasn't been in the area recently, the part of Wollaton Street - where it adjoins Talbot Street - has changed. It used to look like this... And currently looks like this.

Posted Images

Thanks Rob

What happened to them, I seem to recall them moving to Lenton or somewhere.

Or were they swallowed up?

Google hasn't a clue...

logo_sm.gif

"Did you mean: Corkill Camel ?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

On canning circus was there no a 'cereal' factory...Kellogs or someone....as when i used to go to school crossing from derby rd to alfreton rd i used to pic up loadsa those little plastic toys that they put in the packets.

• 3 years later...

Total Reclaims may just be 'gutting' the building, not totally demolishing it..................I hope

The answer to that is earlier in the thread...before it was built in 1902 it was a vicarage garden.The similar shaped building over the road at the top of Derby road was originally a post office.